Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Frst bow kill

mole

Finally bagged my first turkey with a bow Saturday. After two years of chasing and never flinging an arrow it all came together Saturday. 55 minutes after first light I let out a series of calls. As I looked over my shoulder through the viewing blind of my double bull I saw the Trophy jake running down the fence line towards my decoys. He stopped short of my shooting window, and slowly walked around the decoys. Three minutes later I sent a 100 grain Spitfire through his wings at 7 yards. He ran 20 yards. I was out of the blind with another arrow as fast as I could go. The other arrow was unnecessary. He was dead. What a rush. 3 1/2 beard 16lbs. Not a monster, but a trophy in my book. Best of all I took him with a borrowed bow on my landowners tag.

mole

Congrats on your first bow bird
waytogo.gif
. Why the borrowed bow?

Last week I was sighting in my bow when I felt something hit my face. I knocked another arrow and I was hitting high, shot another same thing. I then inspected the bow and saw that my string was coming apart. I went to the shop and of course they did not have the right string, 1-2 weeks to order. I was pretty bummed. The shop offered me a bow to use while I waited for the string. I went home to grab some arrows and I then realized my father-in-law had an old Mathews Z-light in the closet. After a couple of hours and replacing the sight and rest, I was good to go. Long story, but the results were great.

One of the best parts was that my daughter turned 3 on Sunday and she decided that the turkey was her present and she wants the fan and beard hanging in her room.
waytogo.gif
Got to train them early.

mole

Very nice! Congrats!
I was hoping you would get a chance this weekend.

Top Bottom