Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Frustrated

So , I decide to go ahead and go out this afternoon basically just to observe. I have a stand thats perfect for this wind and i can see all the property I have permission on. I get out there and the landowner was checking to see if it was dry enough to start combining the last of his beans. I go up to him to say Hi and look over towards my blind. It's gone. We walk over to it and my blind ,chair and black rack antlers i left in there are gone. A note is sitting on the ground saying No Trespassing !! Private property !! . He called the other hunter that hunts the property 1/4 mile or so west of me and he says he knows nothing about it. The land owners brother in law said he had seen a white chevy truck in the field that he didnt recognize but assumed he was ok to be there so didnt stop and ask. Brand new brickhouse and a 70 dollar chair that i cant afford to replace this close to go time .... landowner said he'd get to the bottom of it but he doesnt know anyone with a white chevy truck .. so ya , frustrated

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully someone can find out what happened. Seems odd a thief would bother to leave a note....

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully someone can find out what happened. Seems odd a thief would bother to leave a note....
That's gonna be someone who "will be back". Another hunter id say that doesn't want u there. I'd get cameras up ASAP to get plates and pics and put ur stuff back up with a note on ur gear and hidden cams. Sucks but u can nail em.

My guess is it's someone that hunts with the other hunter. I just got the permission late last season and I don't think the landowner has passed it on to everyone. It's also possible the owner knows and hasnt said. He said he would get to the bottom of it and also , and this is what caught me ,he said, "either just the other guy can hunt alone and you can hunt alone or noone can hunt the property , i'm tired of having to deal with this" kinda sounds like he thinks it may be someone that hunts with the other guy stepping over his bounds a bit. I just want my stuff back , i dont have the cash to replace it

We had this problem we lost land that we hunted for the last 15 years because it wasn't posted and everyone and there dog started hunting it. After people knew you had to get notes from the owner and carry at all times when hunting they started stealing cattle . . . . Now everyone is kicked out atleast those who obey her orders and the newly posted no trespassing signs. . . .

Sligh1 said:
That's gonna be someone who "will be back". Another hunter id say that doesn't want u there. I'd get cameras up ASAP to get plates and pics and put ur stuff back up with a note on ur gear and hidden cams. Sucks but u can nail em.

Yeah can't afford to replace the blind so cams are out of the question. I moved to the other side of the river and using an evergreen for South wind. Have my stand here for North. But yeah me and the landowner are pretty sure it's the other hunter. He said he'll do all he can once they have time after this crop is out. He's pretty mad about it

Hopefully you get your stuff back. These are the kind of things that can upset a farmer and then nobody gets to hunt.

Top Bottom