Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Full House Is Back- Picked Up Mount From Joe Meder

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
I am about as big of nut and critic when it comes to taxidermy as they come, so this past fall when I killed 'Full House' I decided that I was going to take him to Joe Meder.
edit2.jpg

I have not only heard great things about Joe's work, but seen his work firsthand. In my opinion it is top of the line, world class work.

Let me start from day 1; I made the trip to Solon and met with Joe at his shop. We discussed all of the options in terms of how I wanted my mount to look when finished. Everything from the shape of the eyes, turns, ear form, 'attitude' of the deer, etc. He truely is a professional and made me feel very comfortable when leaving in which form I had chosen, and how the final product would turn out.

I ended up making my final decision on a form based on a trail camera picture of Full House from a few weeks before I killed him. In the picture his head was held high and his chin was tilted in an upwarrd direction;
749.jpg

I picked Full House up last night. Upon looking at the mount, I couldn't believe the amount of realism and attention to detail. It was perfect. I couldn't find one flaw. To say that I'm extremely happy would be a severe understatement.

Here are some pictures of the finished product;
FullHouseMount003.jpg

FullHouseMount027.jpg

FullHouseMount032.jpg

FullHouseMount004.jpg

FullHouseMount025.jpg

FullHouseMount007.jpg

FullHouseMount006.jpg

For those of you who don't remember the hunt, you can watch it on my blog as we captured it all on video. Here is the link;
http://chrisandblake.bowhuntingroad.com/2011/11/09/the-hunt-for-full-house-part-ii/

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Joe does it up!! Always has! I remember being at Joe's house not to long after he stuck his hand in a drawer that contained a broadhead or two!!:thrwrck: Thats been awhile! His hair was black then!!!:D:D:way:

Top Bottom