Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Funny Story

stuffy

Thought you folks would get a kick out of the following event, that took place "early" Saturday morning.
To start things off, I have my taxidermy business in the yellow pages, here in Iowa City. Now, in the next column over, is the adds for Taxi Service.
Okay, young students, lots of beer, closing time, see where Im going?
So its 2:45 (am) my wife and I are deep in sleep, and my phone rings.The guy on the other ends says,
"Yeah, we need a ride, and were at 534 Lucas Street". "Okay", I reply, "Go stand out at the corner, and I'll be there in 10 minutes", I added.
Not two minutes go by, and my phone rings again. "Hey, are you going to call us when you get close?" he says.
"Yes, I say, just go and wait". I then take my phone off the hook.
smirk.gif
smirk.gif

This has happened before, but for some reason, I had my wits when the phone startled me awake.
Now, please dont slam me for my actions. Its just when you have two older kids, (one college, one senior HS) and when the phone rings at that time, a parent always thinks the worse.
A little harmlees prank is fun now and then !!
smile.gif

You know, when I was going to college in Cedar Rapids we use to have a phone number real similar to a hotel. I can't remember the name but if I remember right it was a ritzier one. But we use to always get phone calls for people wanting to book rooms. At first we kept telling the people they had the wrong number. But after awhile we had fun with it. We started taking reservations! Now 20 years later I just can't believe we did such a thing!

Man I hope I have somethin like that if I ever get my own number lol that would be great lol

In college I sold a riding lawn mower over the phone that wasn't mine he called the wrong #. I told him to leave a 200 dollar check in my mail box and go ahead and take the mower because I would be out of town for a couple days. Now my name is right by the local pizza places # so I get calls for pizza's all the time some times I take orders, but my wife gets pretty Mad.

Top Bottom