Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

funny things from the stand

funhater

first off a little history where i hunt there is a little old man who sometimes walks the hills he never bothers anyone or causes problems so no one says any thing. today i got to the stand a little early because i wanted to set up my decoys. i use 3 old 3d targets, one is cut in half to be a laying doe other2 are standing does. any way i here the rustling of leaves and turn to see old sammy, he doesnt see me so i didnt say anything. well sammy sees the deer and starts whistling when he got no reaction he starts what i will call the stoved up stalk (which nearly caused me to wet my self) he got to about 30 yrds and started to throw rocks and yell at one point he was doing jumping jacks! then he must have caught on be cause he turned bright red and said a few choice words and limped off. i was bititng my tongue so hard it was hilarious. just thought i would share.any one else have any good ones

Ha! To bad you didn't have a video of that!

I saw footage a long time ago that CO"s had taken of poachers (and curious people) doing the same funny things to decoys set up to catch poachers.

Very funny, especially when they finally figure it out and stomp off all foolish looking... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

A friend of mine hunted a stand right on the edge of Pilot Knob state park. One warm fall day he was in the stand early in the afternoon and a guy and girl came walking down the trail. WHen they got just about under his stand, they laid a blanket on the ground and began to undress.

You can about guess the rest of the story. He waited until things were going pretty good before he gave them a good cough.

Kinda ruined the moment for them.

I got video of a guy crawling up on my decoy to take a shot with his bow a few years ago. You should have seen the look on his face when I stood up out of the milo stubble and stopped him from "killing" my 8 point.

Priceless!!

One afternoon I arrived to my only parking spot on a farm I hunt, I had driven 1hr to get there. The parking spot was about 40 feet off the road and narrow enough for only one car. There was a car there with with two youngsters making out and the windows were steamy, I had no other place to park so I knocked on the window said "your on private property"!!!!! I am sure they though they were in a horror flic. Believe me when I say, I saw everything, they were only about 16yrs old.

One day I was hunting some private ground that I had to walk through public to get to and I carried in a huge pole saw that I thought I would possibly need. Walked in blind. Well turns out I didn't need it so I layed it in a thorn bush about 10 yards in front of my stand.

About 45 minutes into the morning hunt 2 german shepards came walking down the trail and walked right by my tree. Soon after came and old man all dressed up in flannel with binos strapped around his neck. He got about 30 yards away from me and noticed the pole saw laying in the bush. He started walking right to it and got about 10 yards away from it and me and then he noticed me. He turned bright Red and said I am sorry, we will head up this way. I just nodded my head. He walked by the pole saw, then walked up the hill until he was about 30 yards away, then he turned around and said" Excuse me sir, is that your pole saw"? I said, "What do you think?" He just shrugged and said" Id like one of those" I about lost my mind and he ran up the hill and out of sight. I couldn't help but laugh.

Funny stuff! I have an elderly neighbor named Walter who is in his eighties. One day I was walking through my uncle's timber doing some scouting when I got an eerie feeling that something wasn't quite right. When I turned to my left there was Walter only 5 feet away leaned up against a big oak with his old Winchester laying across his lap. He must have been squirrel hunting and fell asleep!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I walked up close to make sure he was still breathing and could see his chest moving so I slipped out quietly.
Another time I watched an old gray mini-van pull in a field driveway on a creek bottom. A blond woman and a small white dog got out the passenger side and her old man got out the drivers side. I watched through my binos as he grabbed a garbage bag and a corn knife and headed for the brushy creek bottom. She stood there and talked to the dog while smoking about a pack of cigarettes. Pretty soon I see the guy in the creek looking all around to make sure the coast was clear then he took off running for the van. It looked to be some green stemmed "foliage" hanging out of the bag. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Several years ago I was hunting a farm with a 2year old alfalfa field. PRIME! I had a stand almost 30feet high in a huge oak. 18yards to the south stood an old platform stand stuck in crotch of a few trees about 6feet off the ground. Opening night rolled around I was in my stand little after 3; 5:15 I heard a clank of something to the south, I lean back along the side of the tree to spot a hunter crawling into the old platform stand. I recognized him as the owners nephew. Thinking how my night is ruined, I figure what have I got to lose. First couple of does pile into the field only 10yards north of me. I see the hunter starting to grab his bow; I grab my grunt tube and hit once. The hunter froze; does move outta range naturally. Everytime a deer came remotely close to in range it was plain to see that he wanted to shoot one; everytime I would grunt behind behind him and he would freeze up. He would pass the does/fawns and wait. By dark it was all I could do not to burst out laughing, when he started to crawl out of his stand it was black; I slid down my tree and followed him off the field, never being more than 5-10yards from him. We walked 1/3mile into another field and across that hayfield to the vehicals. He had parked pararrel to me, he walked around the end of his truck and I walked to back of mine.
I just real casually and quietly asked quietly what he had seen before he noticed me standing there. He was startled to say the least. He told me a story of a huge buck that was grunting behind him the whole night. I replied "huh, aint that the damnedest thing"
I've never considered myself the stealthiest person out there, but apparently it didnt take much that night.

3 yrs ago i was hunting private property, that bumpted up next to state ground. but to get to my stand , you had to walk along way!i always felt somone was hunting near me , the fresh foot prints in the snow gave it away. i should have taken the stand down , but never did as it was a secondary location, but when i came back a week later, my stand was gone.The following yr , i placed a stand within 30 yrds of my old one, while walking in one afternoon, i came across a hunter in the same old tree where my stand was stolen, i knew it was my stand when i began conversing with him, as i looked up,I said , you know your hunting from my stand, he said , no im not, i hung it this fall.i said, no [censored], the proablem is , you wern't smart enough to cross off my name from the underneath, and your trespassing on top of that!And your biggest concern should be, , you have to climb down & and ill be here a waiting for your stupid ass!that was a night my wife will never forget, but i got my stand back, and taught a lesson well learned!

Top Bottom