Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Funny tree stand story

Shovelbuck

With the seasons getting close I felt compelled to share this photo and the story that goes with it. This stand is on the oppisite side of the fence from one of my properties. The person that built it does not have permission to hunt on my property. The stand is set up to where the only shot that can be taken is on my side of the fence. I've put up with this clown and his family for quite a few years. As you can see from the pic they are no real threat to the deer population. Note the safety features of the stand. The outer corners are held up with bailing twine. As you can see, the center support is on a very long time dead branch. This stand is about 16 ft. high. To get into the stand, a nice new shiny aluminum extension ladder. Not real quiet! Here's where it get's good. The guy that hunts here uses a crossbow because his other stand collapsed causing him to injure his shoulder. That's when he built this one! I thought some of you could get a charge from this.
grin.gif

Hunt safe everyone! Jay

ts.JPG

Awesome, you might want to walk by that stand from time to time and see if he's laying at the bottom of it.
wink.gif

A story of my own...

On the property that I hunt a guy put a stand up that is honestly 35-40 feet up in a tree. He doesn't use tree steps but those climbing things that you strap to your boots. Him climbing the tree is causing it to die...and in it dying it's rotting and the bark is all fallen off, but he still hunts from it. I guess that's why God put stupid people on this planet...for the smarter ones to learn from their mistakes. I'm pretty sure that some spring while shed hunting i'll happen upon a twisted form at the base of that tree.

Looks like he may have hurt more than his shoulder when he fell.......possibly a sharp blow to the head was involved!
grin.gif

Looks to me like he would be better off kicking the stand down and standing on the dead branch, probably a little sturdier LOL.

I seen a homade stand once on some state ground here, it was held in place with a bunji strap, some people must like pain.
frown.gif

The prop board on the dead branch is a kill, safety first with this set-up. 'Bet the squirrels are even careful about sitting on this baby
smile.gif

Have a great Friday the 13th!

The guy that built the stand really needs a sign:

From Andy Rooney:
"Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say,
"I'm Stupid".
That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops...never mind, didn't see your sign." It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. My neighbor comes over and says,
"Hey, you moving?"
"Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see
how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."

A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine, we pulled his boat into the dock, I lifted up this big ol'stringer of bass and this idiot on the dock goes,
"Hey, y'all catch all them fish?"
"Nope. Talked 'em into giving up. Here's your sign."

I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel. There was a guy inventing a shark bite suit. And there's only one way to test it.
"Alright, Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good... They want you to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite you."
"Well, all right, but hold my sign. I don't wanna lose it."

Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of those
side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, and I SWEAR he said,
"Tire go flat?"
I couldn't resist. I said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."

We were trying to sell our car about a year ago. A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house, he gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says,
"Darn that's hot!"
See, if he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.

I learned to drive an 18-wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't you know, I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out, no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning ...okay...no problem. I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign...until he asked,
"So, is your truck stuck?"
I couldn't help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig and then back to him and said, "No, I'm delivering a bridge... here's your sign.

I stayed late at work one night and a co-worker looked at me and said,
"Are you still here?"
I replied, "No. I left about 10 minutes ago. Here's your
sign."

Anybody you know need a sign today?

Shovelbuck,

A buddy of mine who owns property in Kentucky has had problems with people sitting on his fenceline on opening day of gun deer season, shooting deer that are in his fields. He solved that problem by showing up with his pickup truck and chain saw right after daybreak and proceeded to cut wood all day long.

john v

a landowner i know had people doing that (shooting onto his property from other peoples property) so he called his neighbors (the other property owner) and asked him if he would like it if he would clean out the fence line for him. =) He went down and cut all the trees down that had stands in them that were facing towards his property...never had a problem again.

All a guy like that does is mess up a hunt. I also enjoyed the stories above. Don't worry Shovelbuck you'll get your shot.

Top Bottom