Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

FYI for District 18

dedgeez

death from above
Email from Andrew Wenthe, Representative for District 18

Looks like they are doing some restructuring. Email Andrew now if you want him to act on anything.

It was a somewhat bittersweet moment to enter the chamber and sit at my desk as the 2012 legislative session got underway this Monday. I recently announced that I will be leaving the legislature upon adjournment of our session this spring after six memorable years serving in the Iowa House. Personal and professional obligations back home coupled with a change in Iowa’s legislative districts led me to this decision, but I am committed to working hard during this session to advance the priorities of those I represent. It truly is an honor and privilege to serve the people of District 18!
In opening day speeches from legislators and the Governor, Iowans heard that finding common ground and compromise will be the key to making the 2012 session a success. Creating jobs and growing Iowa’s economy will be my top priority and I will fight to make sure these efforts have a direct focus on revitalizing Iowa’s rural economy.
Legislators have already begun to outline plans to help businesses create jobs by reducing property taxes on Iowa small businesses, reforming education, and expanding Iowa’s skilled workforce. We will also look to continue expanding Iowa’s renewable energy industry, which has already created thousands of good-paying jobs that can’t be moved to another state or country.
I have always enjoyed seeing friends from back home who are visiting the State Capitol. This week several representatives of Iowa’s rural electrical cooperatives were in town, and it was especially good to see my old friend Greg Pavelka who represented the East-Central Iowa REC. Iowa’s RECs provide a great service to rural Iowans and are significant contributors to the rural economy and I look forward to working with them on issues impacting their industry this session. It was also great to see a high school classmate, Jay Boeding, at the Association for Business and Industry legislative reception. Jay is now working for Iowa Public Television’s foundation and was helping as a facilitator for ABI’s Leadership Iowa conference.
If you will be visiting the Capitol this year please let me know as I always enjoying welcoming visitors to their State Capitol. And as always, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Top Bottom