Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

FYI Iowa CWD court case

Fishbonker

Life Member
Below is a copy and paste of an Email:

All,

As you know, the Brakkes filed a suit to challenge the DNR’s -5 year quarantine on the 330 acre pen in Davis Co.
In late Feb. 2014 a judge ruled in favor of the Brakkes, and the ruling stated the DNR lacks jurisdiction to quarantine the pen for 5 years. Apparently, by the ruling, the DNR could quarantine the animals, but not the land. If the appeal is not supported by the NRC Commission members it will not go to court. At that time all the fences can come down and the wild deer herd will have free range in the once enclosed pen.

The DNR has appealed the ruling to District Court, but it must be supported first by vote of the NRC Commissioners. It appears(from my sources) that the NRC meeting will be in May. However, I just learned of a NRC teleconference meeting involving the appeal. It is scheduled for this Friday, March 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM (see attached agenda). This is very hush- hush issue within the DNR and the employees are not engaged.

If you agree, it is imperative that you contact the NRC Commissioners to voice your support of the appeal to District Court.

Perhaps the prion theory DOES lie !!!!!!!!

I suggest reading the book DEADLY FEASTS: by Richard Rhodes. This book discusse in depth the CWD phenomen.The ENTIRE prion theory of CWD is based upon ONE study by ONE Dr. that has not been replicated or proven. The Dr. was not given much credibility at the time. His theory was quite suspect.

The human form of CWD, Cruetzfeldt Jacobs disease was FIRST identified in New Guinea headhunters. The New Guinea women ate the poorest quality meat on a human carcass, ie the brains.

A man in Wilton, Iowa died of human CWD this winter. The obituary named cause of death as Cruetzfeld-Jacobs disease. I do NOT believe he ate human brains. Therefore there was another way to contract the disease.

CWD occurs in a whole bunch of mammals. I strongly suggest heading to the library and getting Dr. Rhodes book before convicting anyone or anything as being the cause of CWD. As of now we do NOT know the cause of the disease in spite of what the DNR says.

Sometimes, it is best to err on the side of caution. Meaning, even if the DNR is incorrect (I don't believe they are) about the spread of CWD, why would you risk it? Look at what's at stake. I'd rather not take that chance.

Marcus Branstad
Original Appointment: 05/01/2013
107 E. 5th Street, Ste 202
Term Begins: 05/01/2013
Des Moines, IA 50309
Current Term Expires: 04/30/2019
[email protected]
Political Party: Republican
Conrad Clement
Original Appointment: 02/15/2011
PO Box 158
Term Begins: 05/01/2011
Cresco, IA 52136
Current Term Expires: 04/30/2017
[email protected]
Richard (Kim) Francisco, Secretary
Original Appointment: 07/01/2000
47753 127th Avenue
Term Begins: 05/01/2009
Lucas, IA 50151
Current Term Expires: 04/30/2015
[email protected]
Political Party: None
Dr. Sally Prickett, Vice Chair
Original Appointment: 02/16/2011
56816 221st Street
Glenwood, IA 51534
[email protected]
Phyllis Reimer
Original Appointment: 05/01/2013
PO Box 162
Term Begins: 05/01/2013
Crescent, IA 51526
Current Term Expires: 04/30/2019
[email protected]
Political Party: Democrat
Dennis Schemmel
Original Appointment: 10/14/2009
1101 SE 37th Street
Term Begins: 10/14/2009
Grimes, IA 50111
Current Term Expires: 04/30/2015
[email protected]
Political Party: Democrat
Margo Underwood, Chair
Original Appointment: 10/14/2009
609 South Shore Drive
Clear Lake, IA 50428

Just because the employees aren't engaged doesn't mean we shouldn't be. Send these folks an email. If you'd rather not do that, use Google and find their phone number and call.

It's always nice when our government officials know how we feel about subjects.

A man in Wilton, Iowa died of human CWD this winter. The obituary named cause of death as Cruetzfeld-Jacobs disease. I do NOT believe he ate human brains. Therefore there was another way to contract the disease.

I'm from Wilton and I hadn't heard of that.. Interesting.

Perhaps the prion theory DOES lie !!!!!!!!

I suggest reading the book DEADLY FEASTS: by Richard Rhodes. This book discusse in depth the CWD phenomen.The ENTIRE prion theory of CWD is based upon ONE study by ONE Dr. that has not been replicated or proven. The Dr. was not given much credibility at the time. His theory was quite suspect.

The human form of CWD, Cruetzfeldt Jacobs disease was FIRST identified in New Guinea headhunters. The New Guinea women ate the poorest quality meat on a human carcass, ie the brains.

CWD occurs in a whole bunch of mammals. I strongly suggest heading to the library and getting Dr. Rhodes book before convicting anyone or anything as being the cause of CWD. As of now we do NOT know the cause of the disease in spite of what the DNR says.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION OF CERVID AND THE POTENTIAL FOR HUMAN TRANSMISSION THEREFROM 2014

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2014/03/chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-tse-prion.html

kind regards,
terry

The obit was printed in the Quad City Times and also the Muscatine Journal. I think the Des Moines Register may have had it as well.

My point though is that the Prion theory has not been proven. The Richard Rhodes book should be read by anyone interested in CWD.

My point though is that the Prion theory has not been proven.

No science is EVER proven, it's always theory, that's how science works.

Gravity is a theory.

The real point of the post is that those fences NEED to stay up.

And we shall accept ONE suspect theory as the basis for ALL efforts to control a problem ????????

Are there other, more acceptable theories available to base a response on?
Are there theories that refute the current one?
Is there another viable option for control?

I have NO connection to the Brakkes.

I can read !!!!!!!! I do follow the CWD situation. I do have an OPEN mind.

I AM convinced that the prion theory is suspect at best.

I believe that ALL of the so called experts have been less than honest because they do NOT have a handle on the cause of CWD. I do not either, but I firmly believe that there needs to be a lot more research on the subject.

Just because prions are the smoke screen currently, MORE research needs doing.

I am NOT comfortable with blaming high fences for CWD. The New Guinea heqaadhunters do NOT hunt inside high fences !!!1

The New Guinea heqaadhunters do NOT hunt inside high fences !!!1

Seriously? New Guinea?

papuamenmen.jpg

You're gonna hold these guys up as an example for a natural spread of CWD?

You do know some of them are cannibals right? Not trying to be mocking (it just happens, sorry), but if that's the best you have you may want to rethink your approach to the scientific method.

Top Bottom