Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gander Mountain

S

sstevens

I was just at Gander Mountain this morning looking at some Martins and apperantly to have them order a martin for me they would require 50% down non-refundable, is this normal? Seems a bit crazy to me. I'll have to check out fin and feathers and scheels policy.

i know scheels has the same type of deal for a special order IF they do not have the bow in stock. they only do this to protect themselves from people coming in and ordering something only to cancel it later. then the store is stuck with a bow that they may have to sell later at a discounted price. usually this happens when a guy comes in, orders something, and then his wife finds out and puts the kai-bosh on the whole thing.
smile.gif
i am not sure, but i think that Fin is the same way as these other stores.

[ QUOTE ]
...apperantly to have them order a martin for me they would require 50% down non-refundable, is this normal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Is it a target bow or a lefty by chance? I've seen that practice in everything from bows to electronics. It's the price of not buying off the shelf for us I guess. We would be docked the price of the special order that was not picked up when I sold stereos and electronic stuff like that.

I already own a martin cheetah target bow (mid 90's?), now I'm looking at a 2004 cougar se($399 bare bow) or a prowler for hunting but I'd rather get it from fin and feather or even scheels for the help in setting it up. No one at gander mountain seemed to know much about bows. And it's a right hand bow, just like what they have on the shelf, I'd just like to get it brand new and not have everyone that passes through the store handle it before I get it.

[ QUOTE ]
Martin.....I thought that company went out of business????? Better try a Hoyt
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually, Martin I heard was going to buy Hoyt out.
cool.gif
grin.gif

Dad has 2 cougars (don't ask) and my cousin has a prowler I believe. I have a Jaguar Mag - a few years old. We have all had really good results from Martin. Fast, quiet, accurate and pretty cheap. If you were closer to the area I am in I would give you a Martin dealers name and number. Great guy to buy from and have work on your equipment.

Maybe so...I am not up on the outdoor industry gossip...would be nice to have more bows out there with the technology and expertice that Hoyt has though.
grin.gif

innovation...I forgot to add that....

I didn't even know Martin still existed until I saw the Martin Girls, and If I remember right, I think I saw their bows, not sure though
blush.gif
cool.gif
wall.gif
31045-cheers2.gif

Martin still has wood risers don't they, or am I thinking of Browning
confused.gif
doah.gif

To answer the question I think Cabela's does something similar as well. Call Martin or check the web for your local martin pro shop. Give the money to the local little guy as long as he is knowledgeable, fair and decently priced.

Then HOYTUP!
grin.gif

I forgot to update my profile, just moved to coralville at the end of august, so I'm not too far from you deadeye, whats the name of the martin dealer you were talking about? I might go visit him, or give him a call anyway.

waytogo.gif

It doesn't matter which one you choose. We all have our favorites, alothough we like to rib each other a little harder on our own preferred brand. LOL They are actually all good bows. I don't have one bad thing to say about any of them. It is simply a matter of preference. Good luck in your choice. Try a few brands out and then make your choice.

Joe

Top Bottom