Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gardens are cranking!

JNRBRONC

The gardens are cranking out the produce! Picked kohlrabi, green beans, zucchini, beets, turnips, Swiss chard, couple Yukon gold potatoes that came up when I pulled a weed and tomatillos last night. Going to turn the 12 lbs of tomatillos into salsa verde and can it tonight after work.

487394d804575bddc98864de0c71addb.jpg

Stopped by the grocery store for some canning supplies and saw that tomatillos were $4/lb. 24 half pints were processed, quart jar went in the fridge to eat now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canning salsa verde recipe link

This is the first year I've grown tomatillos and looks like we have really been missing out! We usually can a tomato-based salsa, wondering if we can do a hybrid tomato-tomatilla salsa? Might have to give it a try. Need the bhut/ghost/reapers to ripen to kick it up a couple of notches. ;)
Super hots are the best! I've got scorpions, reapers, and ghosts chugging along nicely.

fef19831df53fc07ce24918ff957e0b5.jpg

Sunday’s haul from the gardens. 16 lbs of tomatillos turned into salsa verde. Started 30 lbs of tomatoes as salsa last night, finished canning it today. Just getting in to tomato season. Did pickled beets and pickled zucchini last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom