Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

General Mills courts the Anti's!!!

Iowa1

They've been hit hard the lst few days by sportsmans groups about this. They are feeling the presssure and we need to keep pouring it on. Some person in public relations really screwed up and we need to make sure that pay for it and send a warning to anyone else with similar intents. I think they should grab the person that made this decision by the ear drag them out the door.

Here's the place to start with your comments: http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/comments/

Go get 'em boys.

Here's a copy of what I just sent to general mills. Feel free to copy and paste and pass it along to them.

Also, to check out what the Humane Society of the U.S. thinks of your hunting rights click this link: http://www.hsus.org/whatnew/hunting112100.html

My Reply to the following news release:

Meanwhile, Golden Grahams cereal will ring in the New Year with a special pet project. Specially marked boxes of Golden Grahams now include a 2002 calendar with photos of celebrities and their pets, animal care and safety tips, and information on The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and its youth education division.

As an avid hunter, fisherman, and wildlife enthusiast I am no longer going to purchase any of the products sold by gerneral mills due to it's alignment with the Humane Society of the United States and its youth education program.

This extremist organization has views very similar to those of PETA and do not represent traditional american values. These views and positions also do not hold up when argued against sound biological facts.

General Mills should be more aware of the positions of it's bedfellows if it wishes to prosper.

Sincerely,

Here's what I wrote em, Sorry to hear of your alignment with HSUS. Myself and my family being sportsman there will no longer be any of your products or your subsidies in
our household. Also my financial investor will be notified first thing in the morning, that none of my money is to be invested in your company or its subsidies and any money there now is to be removed immediatly at all costs.

Steve bell

General Mills has chosen to become a supporter of the Human Society of the United States, one of the leading anti-hunting organizations!

Here's a bit from General Mills own website: http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/media/news/story.asp?storyID=793

"Meanwhile, Golden Grahams cereal will ring in the New Year with a special pet
project. Specially marked boxes of Golden Grahams now include a 2002
calendar with photos of celebrities and their pets, animal care and safety tips,
and information on The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and its
youth education division. Photos include Brendan Fraser lounging with wife
Afton and dogs Lucy and Wiley, Rosanna Arquette cuddling with her dog Bisou,
and Lisa Rinna with her dogs Annie and Buddy."

I think HSUS is the most dangerous of the animal rights fronts because the dupe people into thinking their all about protecting kitties and puppies and people pets, when their agenda is something completely different.

Their "Youth Education Division" sounds like a real winner doesn't it?

Got to www.generalmills.com and find the feedback section. Be sure to tell them what you think about their alignment with HSUS and remember you catch more flies with honey than Vinegar!

Then pass this along to every hunter and fisherman you know! By the way...General Mills brands and products also include....
BETTY CROCKER
PILLSBURY (PLUS THEIR PRODUCTS)
YOPLAIT
HAAGEN DAS
BISQUICK
OLD EL PASO
CHEERIOS
FRUIT SNACKS
CHEX
POP SECRET
WHEATIES
BUGLES
LLOYD'S BBQ
NATURE VALLEY
TRIX
JENOS
PROGRESSO
TOTAL
LUCKY CHARMS
GARDETTO'S
COLUMBO
TOTINOS
GOLD MEDAL

I also notified them that we would no longer purchase any of their products. Keep the pressure on them.

I hope someone gets their butt fired over this public relations decision. I just finished my e-mail. Has anyone recieved a response from them?

Sent mine....we gotta keep the heat on and stick together on this one. It is hard to believe that company would do that.

Sent my response as a consumer and stock holder asked for a response but haven't heard anything back. Keep up the pressure guys!!!!

I jumped right on this one :mad. By the way, Howdy, I'm the new guy, thanks for letting me aboard, I enjoy bashing fools like these folks!

Top Bottom