Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Getting what we deserve? [email protected]

Are you emailing in about the critical Deer Regulation changes?

• Yes, I'm not lazy

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • I'm lazy & enjoy sitting on my thumbs - NO

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I'll let others do the work for me and hopefully take care of the issue

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • I want FB & others with similar mindset to win on this issue

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I won't email in and likely you'll see me crying with my posts this fall on crappy hunting

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I am writing in, I'm emailing to friends, posting on FB &/or hunting sites to encourange others

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
[email protected]

Posting this from another member where he had sent it to me. So, the DNR is widespread getting far more complaints about the tag reductions than encouragement. The IBA has also followed up with information indicating the DNR is getting far more emails AGAINST what they are trying to do (which, even looking at both sides we know this is the right thing!!!!). Last I checked, the hunters in Iowa were in the multi-thousands and my opinion based on the huge deer hunting population - it absolutely shows the vast vast majority are either: lazy, don't care, don't want to take the time, will let others voice in (which isn't happening) & let the chips fall where they may. If they heard from 10% of the folks who agree with these changes it would be a tidal wave & go into effect, in my opinion. The opposition is steam rolling over this because they actually get off their butts & email in. I can't believe the lack of folks willing to take the time to email, mind boggling. The knee jerk petty side of me hopes the folks who don't write in do have crappy hunting in years to come & cry during the fall the deer hunting sucks & folks say "well, shoulda done something about it". that's the 15 year old in me coming out. I also realize I'm preaching to the choir here and it's not the guys on here we need to reach, which makes this somewhat frustrating and I'm talking to the wrong guys. BUT- you all do need to write in and have the guys not on here write in and a tiny bit of education & effort for them would make a mountain of difference. Get off your lazy butts if you're the guy that hasn't done ding-a-ling, wants the changes, has seen hunting go down hill but has done nothing. The sitting around time is over. Or, get what you deserve if you don't do any action, have the other side win- like FB and these idiots I see in the Des Moines register wanting to wipe out deer or the AR toting fools stacking a pickup with 20 deer during late season shooting every single one they can, often time at 200 yards. Sit on your butt and they win. Talk to you buddies if you're not lazy and actually want to make a difference, talk to them about sending an email. Send an email to your list of friends, post it on Facebook and it this point, do all you can to have folks send a simple email. Do that or get what you deserve. I personally want to screen every single guy who posts a negative post this fall about deer #'s and lack of mature bucks, shed bucks killed, few deer in general and ask "did you email in during June to the DNR when it was critical"?!?!?!? Don't you dare post a negative thread this fall if you haven't emailed in. You have facebook? Put this on there!!!! Put in an email to your contact list. Post on other websites for Iowa hunting. If we don't do this simple & easy things, done, it's gonna get worse folks, sure isn't getting better. being at the meeting a few months ago, I didn't see ONE guy who was thrilled about iowa whitetail situation the last few years, so it means guys aren't doing & acting on what's needed and what they believe and want changed. Get off the butts folks, it's an EMAIL, not too hard and critically needed....

"Every One Needs To Email The Dnr And Tell Them They Support The Changes They Want To Make, Get Rid Of Late Doe Season And Cut Tags. The Only People They Are Hearing From Are The Gun Em Down Type That Want To Be Able To Shoot A Doe With Their AR!

Proposed changes for the 2014/2015 deer season.

Based upon results from the population trend indices and harvest from the 2013 deer season the Natural resource commission approved the following regulation changes for the 2014-15 deer season:

- eliminate the January antlerless season
- reduce the antlerless deer quotas
- restrict* hunters in 27 counties (shaded on map) in northwest Iowa to only taking antlered during the first shotgun and early muzzleloader seasons

Explanation:
Deer numbers have been reduced over the past 7 years due to the extra antlerless licenses and seasons available to hunters. Deer numbers are at or below the levels recorded in the mid 1990’s.
The map (see attached) shows the antlerless quotas proposed for the 2014/2015 deer seasons. A total of 74,575 antlerless licenses will be available. The proposed quota would reduce the antlerless quota by 41,375 and is 10,000 less than were sold in 2013/2014.*

Here are the directions for sending comments:
Any interested person may make written suggestions or comments on the proposed amendments on or before June 17, 2014.* Written comments may be directed to the Department of Natural Resources (Department), Wildlife Bureau Chief, Wallace State Office Building, 502 E. 9th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0034; by e-mail at [email protected]; or by Fax at (515) 281-6794.* Persons who wish to convey their comments orally may contact the Department’s Wildlife Bureau at (515) 281-5034 or by visiting the fourth floor of the Wallace State Office Building during regular business hours."

Last edited:
Sent mine in I too would like to challenge everyone on here to take five minutes and shoot the dnr an email

Done. Thanks for the information Skip. I thought it could not be any more clear at the DNR meetings earlier this year. Every single site across the state indicated they were concerned about low deer numbers and wanted the January season to go away.

As a nonresident I do not know how much my voice counts or will be heard, but as a landowner in Iowa, I hope they listen. The January antlerless season (in my opinion) is one of the worst seasons in the Midwest. Most states have something that needs to change--my state--Minnesota---has several.

Email sent

Last edited:
Sent another one actually with a few tidbits of specific info and perspective.... My email took me 4 minutes and I think it was pretty good! :)
Man, I'm exhausted, what a day. Took it all out of me. I'm going to take a 6 hour nap, I'll check back later, really tough day with that emailing and all that.

Sent another one actually with a few tidbits of specific info and perspective.... My email took me 4 minutes and I think it was pretty good! :)
Man, I'm exhausted, what a day. Took it all out of me. I'm going to take a 6 hour nap, I'll check back later, really tough day with that emailing and all that.

It's appreciated, Sligh. Somebody said something similar to this before, but I will say it again. You are IWs Prozac.

Top Bottom