Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Girlfriends first deer is an odd one

WillBates

Well today at 7:30 my buddy and I were checking traps and noticed a good buck walking across the cornfield. We looked at him through the binocs and saw that he was acting funny. The deer acted as if he had been shot, slowly walking with his tail between his legs flicking constantly. We decided to press on and check some more traps. After an hour we headed right back by that field where the buck had been. To our surprise the buck was still out there walking around. So since we had permission for the field, we elected to get closer and closer to get a better look. We got so close that the buck was outside of the truck window. It then proceded to lay down next to us. We then got the idea that the buck had probably gotten hit on the highway and was getting close to expiring. We sat there for another hour with this buck next to the truck. We called the local dnr officer and he offered us a salvage tag. Instead I gave my girlfriend a call. She has had a lot of bad luck this year in the stand, and had yet to kill a deer with a gun or bow for the last 3 years. She immediately agreed to kill the deer and came down. She put a good 10 yard shot on him and put him down. This isnt probably how most people picture getting their 1st deer, but she was happy with him and we were happy the deer didn't suffer any longer. He ended up having a bruised and bloody hindquarter, which we believe is where he got hit.

681659307_2437354109_0.jpeg

681659564_2437355038_0.jpeg

Awesome! Well worth the use of a tag rather than getting a salvage. Congrats to your GF!

Top Bottom