Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Give me a bow sling recommendation!

KANSAN

PMA Member
Alright - I'm in the market for a bow sling. My first thought was to buy one of those "Bow Bats". Personally, I love the design of it - but it's not practical for me. The reviews say how convenient it is to just grab your 'Bat with the bow strapped in and take it hunting. But I can't bring myself to put it in my vehicle, with the exposed fabric, and then take it hunting because I DON'T want to bring the smell of my vehicle with it into the woods. And I don't want to keep the thing in a plastic bag. Just sounds like a pain. When I go hunting, my hard bow case comes with me to transport my bow. Ideally, I'd like to have a sling that I can fit into my hard case that's both effective and practical. I've heard good things about the Primos sling. Can anyone give me some recommendations?? Thanks!!

Well Jody,
Go with the Primos Sling, I have used mine for 4 seasons now and it works awesome, the updated one is even better IMO, but make sure if you use one to get a cover for your fiber optics on your site because it doesn point the site to the ground and walking throught the tall grass I walk through, I have broke a fiber. Not necessary but will keep you from the hassel I had

So what do you guys do if you encounter a shot opportunity on the your way to the stand and you have this sling on your bow?

I have the Primos as well and love it. As far as a shot on the way to the stand, it really comes off easily and doesn't take any longer to get off than taking an arrow out of a quiver.

I would say Primos as well. Works great. No need to worry about a shot on the way to the stand when you are hunting from dawn till dusk /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hoofline.gif

I agree with SteveO and others, I have used the Primos Bow Sling for a number of years.

I don’t necessarily use it too carry my bow as much as I want protection for my expensive bow string. While walking to and from a stand site I usually have my bow secured on my Badlands 2200 or the BL Day Pack.

I also have a drawstring cover for my Bow Sight.

618_1_.jpg

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>>Details Here!<<<<< Join now and you are automatically entered into the 2008 Big Buck Contest!

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.

Top Bottom