Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Giving me Fits

SaskGuy

This buck is giving me the fits. He's as visible as heck and one day I think "leave him" the next day I think "Kill him". He just is lacking the mass I like in the 3rd and 4th circumference but he look impressive on the hoof. I've shown him before but not in hard antler.
cant2.jpg

can_t.jpg

I'm not sure how much they're using the lick I started here this spring but they appear to have moved on to using the spruce for scraping so a camera will stay here.
cant4.jpg

cant5.jpg

C'mon Kaare!!! Are you getting soft on me????? ;) :drink1: Net-Booner in '11 for sure! The old saying goes: if you have to think about it, pass him...
:drink2:

(im just kidding... :D)

I'd shoot him down here in a heartbeat... but with the giants you have to chase up there, I can totally understand your dilemma... He could be stupid next year! :D but he'd look dang good this year!!!

For an archery trophy, I would be very impressed!!!

:way:

Wow, awesome buck. I no doubt would shoot. But THA4 makes sense as well. Some of you guys have other bucks to consider. Good problem to have.

All up to you! However, I think he's a young deer...maybe 4 or 5. I think I'd let him slide one more season and see if he dont fill out to a solid 5x5. Maybe I'm reading him completely wrong tho.

Man I wish I had your problems! He's getting shot for sure by me...but with some of the deer you have up there....it's understandable. Good Luck Kaare

If you've got bigger deer than him running around and you think you've got a better chance at killing them I'd pass, if it was me with the bow and he walked by at 15yards.......he'd be getting center punched. Great deer and good luck!

If that buck showed up on my camera, he would be haunting my dreams the rest of the season. You have a great situation up there Sask, good luck whatever you decide.

I'm sure glad I elected to pass in 2010. After watching him feed last night, 2 yrs older and much much bigger I'm shocked. Thought he was dead,..sure hope to get a scrape pic to add to this thread on a great buck I assumed was dead.

I'd say with the deer you have up there, that dude is a definite shooter with a bow. I'd never pass that one up in bow range. Now if you have the option during Muzzy season, you may want to pass as I'm sure you have bigger deer that you can't get in bow range. Heck, I'd never pass him up in gun range either, but I'm sure you have bigger deer you can knock down in gun range than that one.

Top Bottom