Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Glasses fogging over!?!?!?

FinBonZ

Life Member
I wear glasses while hunting and it never fails, during turkey or deer season, I get too hot walking and fog my specs over. I bought "Parker's Perfect" spray from Cabelas this summer and hopefully it works. Does anyone else have the same problem and most importantly does anyone have a remedy?

i try to take my time getting somewhere so i don't have to deal with it. otherwise i don't know what to tell you other than learn to live with it and hate it at the same time

Yes please. if you find something that works, let me know. I hate the fact that I have to wear glasses to be able to see critters in the woods. They are a blessing, yet a pain at the same time.

Boat

Not to sound mean, but I wish that people that did'nt wear glasses everyday, could understand what a pain in the butt it is to have to wear them. I use Rain-X anti fog windshield treatment on mine. It dosen't totally solve it but it really helps. If you know of anything better let me know

I just started wearing glasses about 2 months ago i cant see jack $%^# without them. Seriously if i didn't have my glasses on, i couldn't see a 200 inch buck standing 30 yards from me, its bad, but i dont really seem to have a problem with them fogging over i dunno maybe when it gets colder i'll have a problem, but haven't had a problem with them yet, thank god. Glasses do suck, i have contacts but i cant seem to ever get them in right so i get pissed and wear my glasses haha i dunno what to do.
yay.gif

I have had good results with "Parkers Perfect".

Keep you eyes open (ha ha) at sports shows etc...I sampled some stuff that was a paste that you wiped on and off that worked good.

I think an old field and stream said to use vaseline.

I like Parkers because it is a cleaner and antifog solution .

waytogo.gif

this might sound absolutely crazy to you guys but it works awesome, take shaving cream and coat your lenses, then wipe it off
doah.gif
if you want to do a simple test to see if it works or not, rub a big spot on your bathroom mirror take a hot shower so the window fogs,and you will notice wherever the cream was there is no fog, i know it sounds crazy but try it, goodluck hunting!!

The concept behind anti-fog sprays etc is simply to make the surface of the lens slick.... microscopic water particles stick to the lens surface thus fogging it.... the shaving cream idea should work well (I would probably make sure not to get a brand with lanolin or other skin softeners in it)... shaving cream is simply concentrated soap. I am not speaking from personal experience, because I do not wear glasses... just have worked with this clinically.
waytogo.gif

If you have a scuba diving shop in your area check out the products they offer. We use a mixture of amonia & Joy dish soap to keep our masks fog free while diving. I don't know how it would work out of water but you can get many different types of mask defoggers at your LDS.
cool.gif

Top Bottom