Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Glasses or contacts???

jdg83

PMA Member
Computer has finally taken enough toll on the eyes that I set up an eye doc appt next week. Which do you guys prefer while on the stand?

I can see some strong points for both types.

Any help is appreciated...

I wear contacts all day every day, can't stand glasses. I have glasses, but only wear them at night or if I have an eye infection, which become pretty common with wearing contacts.

laser surgury.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
laser surgury.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

some day i plan on having that done...
too spendy at this point....

I wear Contacts all day every day, and cant handle glasses on stand as they do tend to fog up....

Im glad to hear you are getting this done....
our ride to the stand each morning should be safer now....
evil.gif

blessed with 20/20 vision. all my friends that have impaired vision wear conatacts about 98 percent of the time, that way seems like the way to go according to them. i would try and get whichever you choose as soon as possible so you can shoot with them and get used to wearing them.

Contacts all the way. I always carry a bottle of rewetting drops in my pack though. I have had my eyes dry out on stand before which makes things a little blurry. I drop in each and good to go.
It is a good idea to get glasses as well. You never know when your eyes will start "acting up" in response to the contacts. Especially since this is your first go around with them.

i have gone about 6 years of wearing contacts months at a time without taking them out. I have finally wised up in the last 6 months and take them out for a night every couple a days and my eyes feel really good. Laser surgery is a lot cheaper in the long run. my mom got it years ago. she still wears glasses for a few things though. and the sun bothers her a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
I have glasses, but only wear them at night or if I have an eye infection, which become pretty common with wearing contacts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have regular eye infections you should look into that, that's not pretty common.
I've worn contacts for 17 years without a problem. For me contacts have been great.

I can't shoot my bows with glasses on. My form has me looking between the frame and bridge of my nose. Something you might want to check out.

Infections are BAD those are the types of things that will cause u to someday never able to wear contacts again/

I wear glasses cuz they protect my eyes when walking through the woods at O dark thirty (no twigs or sticks poking me in the eyes).

I wear glasses most of the time since I still have to wear reading glasses with contacts and it's a hassle.

But I wear contacts for hunting if at all possible. No fogging and my peripheral vision is so much better. (But I keep the reading glasses handy to fill out the tag!)

I've used both. I use glasses now becuase I just didn't like the momentary blurry vision after I blinked. The contacts moved in my eye when I blinked and probably took less than a second for the contact to slide back in place. I just didn't like that. Plus my eyes got so dry on stand it made my vision blurry then too. Maybe if had had taken wetting stuff with me it would have been better. Nother thing, I could never get the hang of getting those things in. It would take me several minutes of trying for each eye.

Now I wear bifocals. I tried the progressive lenses and couldn't handle that either so I go with old fasoned lined lenses. You should see the pair of "windshields" I've got for hunting. I got them with out any coatings so I can use anti-fog stuff.

Oh yeah, one plus for contacts is in the use of binoculars. The interpupilary distance is alyways right because the optics (eye cups) are guided by your eye sockets. With glasses I never get them up to the same place twice and always ended up readjusting them.

The 'Bonker

contacts as glasses fog over and the sunglare could spook game. I am going with lazer surgery after the 1st of the year.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have glasses, but only wear them at night or if I have an eye infection, which become pretty common with wearing contacts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have regular eye infections you should look into that, that's not pretty common.
I've worn contacts for 17 years without a problem. For me contacts have been great.

I can't shoot my bows with glasses on. My form has me looking between the frame and bridge of my nose. Something you might want to check out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been to the doc several times, I should have stated that I had them mostly when I was younger. I started wearing contacts when I was 12, and I didn't wash my hands alot of the times when I took them out. Basically that is why I started to get the eye infections. Doc told me its kinda like pneumonia(how ever you spell it), once you get a few of them, it is much easier to get them in the future. I haven't had one in a few years. Just stupidity on my part by not taking proper precautions when putting them in or taking them out.

I wear both but this year when I'm hunting it will be contacts all the way. Last year I wore my glasses and they fog up like crazy. Also don't like the sun glare.

Top Bottom