Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Global Warming......

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
PSH......

-16 in Dirty Dodge currently......
willy_nilly.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where the hell is Al Gore? </div></div>

Where else? Up north doing "research".

Al-Gore-R.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where the hell is Al Gore? </div></div>

Chasing ManBearPig (Half man, half bear, half pig)

Actually,,while it is cold here,,,from the Rockies westward there is record heat right now. Last year,,taking the entire US into account,,there were twice as many record Highs as record lows. Since 2000, there have been more than twice as many record high temps recorded as record lows. The warming earth doesn't mean there will be no more cold. Infact,,Temp Extremes,are predicted to beome more pronounced. Whether you believe in,"Global Warming",,"Climate Change",,or whatever,,the fact remains,,we humans produce pollution. If you don't think so,,just put your nose down near your vehicle exhaust,,or look at the road sides in the summer,,the once white snow banks in the winter. We are dirty,,,,and anything we can afford to do to clean up our act is a good thing.

-26 in Dirt-Hole Dodge this morning!

my truck was P*ssed at me this morning!!!

Both of my vehicles are on strike this morning...too bad I couldn't be too!

Damn teachers (my wife) have yet to put in a full day this week in CR...Must be nice /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I just wish we would have this weather last week for Muzzleloader. Big bucks would have fallen all over the place!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loneranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually,,while it is cold here,,,from the Rockies westward there is record heat right now. Last year,,taking the entire US into account,,there were twice as many record Highs as record lows. Since 2000, there have been more than twice as many record high temps recorded as record lows. The warming earth doesn't mean there will be no more cold. Infact,,Temp Extremes,are predicted to beome more pronounced. Whether you believe in,"Global Warming",,"Climate Change",,or whatever,,the fact remains,,we humans produce pollution. If you don't think so,,just put your nose down near your vehicle exhaust,,or look at the road sides in the summer,,the once white snow banks in the winter. We are dirty,,,,and anything we can afford to do to clean up our act is a good thing. </div></div>

While I do agree with you that we can clean up our act I still believe it is just a cycle we are in. JMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-26 in Dirt-Hole Dodge this morning!

my truck was P*ssed at me this morning!!! </div></div>

Now your truck huh?

I guess it is just a little stubborn. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now your truck huh?

I guess it is just a little stubborn. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

yes, it was very stubborn.... but i have plenty of experience dealing with stubbornness.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now your truck huh?

I guess it is just a little stubborn. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

yes, it was very stubborn.... but i have plenty of experience dealing with stubbornness.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Thomas,
Quit looking in the mirror. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Damn teachers (my wife) have yet to put in a full day this week in CR...Must be nice</div></div>

Don't lump us all together. There is NO SUCH THING as a weather day of any kind where I live...ever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Damn teachers (my wife) have yet to put in a full day this week in CR...Must be nice</div></div>

Don't lump us all together. There is NO SUCH THING as a weather day of any kind where I live...ever. </div></div>

Sask if you lived here with those temps that you have up there.
You would have the winter off also.

A big reason for global warming(IMO) is that the location of the thermometers has changed. I mean by that that the same thermometer/location 50 yrs ago was once a field with little urbanization, now that same exact spot is surrounded by concrete, asphalt, buildings, traffic, etc. Most locations where long term records are from, like major cities worldwide have changed drasticly! Those locales will see VERY FEW record lows. Go 20 miles out into the rurals from that thermometer location and the changes have not been that dramatic!

Top Bottom