Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Glow nocks

gravitystrykes

So im looking to get some glow nocks, but im wanting to know whats the best ones for the money? I shoot fullmetal jacketsif that matters.

hoofline.gif

I like to make my own, they are very easy to construct, and much cheaper than buying them at a store.

In stores they sell of approximately $9.00 each. I have around $3.10 each in the ones I make up. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
[email protected]

I think the Easton Tracers are much better than the Luminocks - especially in the X-nock size you need for your Full Metal Jackets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I like to make my own, they are very easy to construct, and much cheaper than buying them at a store.

In stores they sell of approximately $9.00 each. I have around $3.10 each in the ones I make up. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
</div></div>

Interesting. How's a guy go about doing that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Interesting. How's a guy go about doing that? </div></div>

hoofline.gif

PM me with your address and I will send you a copy of the step-by-step instructions. They are very easy to make, I did notice that the price of the lights has gone up some.

Or you can check out the youtube video and get your Battery Lights here:
Nock Lights

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
[email protected]

Do the homemade ones turn on automatically when the arrow is fired? I watched the video but couldn't tell for sure. Also, does anybody know if these will work in Axis arrows?

hoofline.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do the homemade ones turn on automatically when the arrow is fired? </div></div>

The ones I made light up when I squeeze the release and the arrow leaves the string. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sorry I have no experience with Axis arrows.

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
[email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, does anybody know if these will work in Axis arrows?</div></div>

Light will be too big to go inside an X-nock.

Do not get the Luminocks for axis arrows, they are horrible! Get the tracers!

Tracers are very cool. I ordered mine from Andy at Double A Archery. I was able to shoot a couple of does this year with a buddy along, he thought they were pretty neat. Light up as they pass a magnet mounted on your riser.

You guys know how I like "stuff". I have tried tracers, home made, lumninok, g5 nocks and now fire nocks. Fire nocks are the best I have used. BTW, I have three of the g5 blue nocks for sale. Send me a PM and I will ship them for $40. They have been shot a dozen times or so. They work fine but I can't see the blue real well. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I dunno boys but I tried a couple Tracers this year and after a week or so they never came on again. Did I just have bad luck or has anyone else had the same thing?

I am having some trouble getting a small enough amount of glue on the tip of the bobber light that it can be pushed in clean yet enought to adhear to the nock for the required no off of the switch. I have about $5 in each nock if I ever get this part figured out and down pat.

Moose, I think your problem may be the metal plate in your head. Just a guess. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moosehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dunno boys but I tried a couple Tracers this year and after a week or so they never came on again. Did I just have bad luck or has anyone else had the same thing? </div></div>
I had that problem with one of mine. Still going to use them though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Moose, I think your problem may be the metal plate in your head</div></div>

Hey, never thunk of that. Maybe should go get my head de-magnatized...........
twitch.gif

Top Bottom