Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gly over clover---what is light?

Darron

I was reading on ed spinns website that he recommends, when using a 4 gallon BP sprayer, 8oz of gly to rid the weeds in his clover plots. That's 2 oz per gallon. Does this seem hot to you or is that about right?

Also, ed suggested only doing this on clover that is 3 years old or older. Can you get away with spraying a light dose of gly on clover younger than 3 years old (for instance clover planted this past fall)?

Thoughts/suggestions?

I have now sprayed clover with 1/2 to 1 qt 41% round up per acre. It has dinged the clover but not killed it. clover was 1 full year old. probably wouldn't do it when the clover is stressed or less than 1 season old. I get pretty poor results with clethodim and pursuit(essentially generic slay and arrest). Next time i may try and tank mix all three. My chemical guy says 1 qt / ac should not kill an established perennial such as clover. We'll see over time. If it works it will be a much cheaper option.

I would never spray glyphosate on clover. You work too hard to have a plot....don't potentially kill it. The other thing is even if it does ding it it's been so dry that the added stress could kill it.

Top Bottom