Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

go to the does?

So when the DNR go out and study the population and say its ok to take a doe then ill take a couple doe.
If you were paying attention, it's pretty much out of the hands of the DNR and in the hands of the governor. It may be time to start thinking on your own and stop relying on the government.

Does

If you were paying attention, it's pretty much out of the hands of the DNR and in the hands of the governor. It may be time to start thinking on your own and stop relying on the government.

Very good point... !

papajess---Good luck, yep hunt those does and a buck will come! I hope you get one of each!

Why don't you read before you talk. I have seen a lot of does, very few bucks and I was wondering if I should sit where I see all the doe activity or sit where the buck signs are.

Sit where the does are.

Also you might find a good pinch point, pack a lunch and wait.
The bucks will be traveling to find the does.

I do not even hunt near buck sign very much anymore. To me that is where the bucks were and not where they are.
Good luck.

I have told this before,,but edge of Wapello and Jefferson Counties. VanBuren and Davis are not far away either. When first bought the land was more deer. Saw 4 different bucks one morning back then. Now lucky to see one or two a week. Don't know what happened? Maybe alot of poaching or a farmer that cleaned up. I don't know,,but even if it's difficult to believe in Iowa,,it is the truth.

Just as an FYI, I know from PM conversations that Loneranger and I have had separately that deer numbers are way down in his area, and I do not dispute that. My farm is only about 4 or 5 miles away and we are in good shape numbers wise. Although I can certainly tell from driving some back roads "around" the area that numbers are way off what they were 4 or 5 years ago.

My only point here is that things can vary greatly, even just a few miles away, depending upon a variety of factors. I would encourage everyone to consider that before making blanket statements. We really need to closely examine the local situation as we determine whether to harvest more or less deer/does. There is not a one size fits all answer.

My only point here is that things can vary greatly, even just a few miles away, depending upon a variety of factors. I would encourage everyone to consider that before making blanket statements. We really need to closely examine the local situation as we determine whether to harvest more or less deer/does. There is not a one size fits all answer.

I could not agree more Daver and you are 100% correct.

It is just gets a little boring listening to it and when it is dropped it
comes up again.
Like you said harvest does as you see fit for your land.
I can not believe it came up in a thread that was just asking an opinion on where to hunt.

Good luck to you.

I would be hunting were the does are this time of year,they are gonna be looking real soon.
Alot of the field edge sign is done at night where im hunting.

Exactly my thoughts, field edge sign is worthless to hunt in most cases IMO. Hunt the does bedding areas, or where bucks travel to those spots. I know their travel routes to the doe bedding areas and see several bucks a day go thru there this time of year.

Top Bottom