Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gobbling Activity

went out this a.m. and heard one lone gobble. From talking with other guys that have been out, I think for the most part they are still grouped up. Won't be long though.

I have been hearing alot of gobbling every morning latley. Sunday morning had a blast with three long beards and a jake out scouting. I don't know if it was the day or what but from about 5:45 until about 6:30 the gobbling activity that morning was really good.

The large flocks in my area are still together as of this morning. However, the gobblers are starting to intermix and are getting ready to go.

The Toms should be establishing a "pecking" order right now. A little break in the weather and an early warm up in April should get them rockin'.
waytogo.gif

Caught a tom on in full strut on a small open ridge about 60 yards off the road on the way to my hunting spot last night, there were 6 ladies on the next ridge over, but he was ready to rock. Also saw a tom strutting with 12 hens on Saturday. They are starting to break up a bit, the 60 degree weather the next few days ought to really get them ready to go.

was sqouting in missouri today for youth season on the 8th and 9th of april and the birds were on fire,i called up a bunch of gobbling birds.No doubt by next week it sould be rockin.

Alex Hastings

Had a big group behind the house going off this morning starting around 5:45...took the 2 year old out so he could listen and he was excited when one gobbled...eyes lit up and all.

I havent turkey hunted much in the last 4 or 5 years but my dad, 70 yrs old, is wanting to try again this year. He was out this evening and we heard several right behind the house gobbling every time it thundered. He seemed pretty exicited about that, we dont usually see or hear many toms near the house.
We tried last year (his 1st attempt) and he missed on a so-so opportunity. I decided to buy a blind and a couple new decoys hoping that that might help this year. He was wound for sound last year after missing that bird, kind of fun to see him that excited, he hasnt hunted anything for 10-15 years.

We had a couple of frosty mornings here and I heard plenty of gobbling. Yesterday I saw plenty of strutters but still with pretty good size flocks. (it's about 20 miles between my home place and the second property...so I covered the back roads pretty well!)
It's amazing how far away from any woodlots that those birds can get by mid day! Most of them were in corn stubble fields...a fence row might be a good mid day spot!
Hope you get your Dad a tom TP...wish mine was still alive to hunt with me.....

Heard and saw plenty of gobblers last week. Thursday had 4 different gobblers rumbling at one spot. One of them was only 300 yds. or so from where I sat down so I quietly exited the area before he flew down and hit another spot where 6 different birds were rumbling. By the time I got to a third spot it was pushing 8:00 so no more gobbling but did see alot of sign of scratching and pies flipped over.

Kratz

There braking up Out of there groups now! I heard gobbles coming from every direction the last two mornings!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom