Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gone for good?

Limb Chicken said:
Brotha Ghost is alive and well. Took a different job a few year back and hasn't had the time to get on here much anymore... Still kickin and ornery as ever... :way:

And frosty in hand!

Nanny hasn't been posting because he's been too busy tracking down and evaluating coondogs for me.

I'll throw my.02 in and say people don't post here because it got to be too much of an elitist site. The only posts that get more than 5 replies are ones that bash non residents, ones that bash the neighbors for shooting 3.5 year old deer, and ones that try to figure out why IW sucks now.
Why would anyone want to post here? The admins don't even post here anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using IW
I agree completely. I'd say this forum is about middle of the road when it comes to bashing and insults. I've been on forums on Shotgun World that are pretty much a shouting match 24/7, while other forums on SGW are very informative and laid back. There are other shooting/hunting forums that will tolerate absolutely no flames or insults. One warning is all you get. Back before the internet, discussions like the ones that take place on this forum, would take place in a social gathering or a bar. There was responibility and consequences for your comments. Alot of the insults and bashing that goes on on this forum would end up in a fight if the words were said in a bar. I've always been a believer in the UFC rules in Forum chat rooms. Once a year, all of us could meet up somewhere with our Forum names attached to our shirt. We'll see how loud, proud and boisterous alot of the bashers are on this website are then won't we? I know that's a little over board. But I think everyone gets the point. Myself, along with quite a few others I believe, like seeing pictures, hearing stories (Like those told by SaskGuy), and reading informational pieces based on fact (like those from FishBonker). I don't want to see/read all the bashing. Do you?

and reading informational pieces based on fact (like those from FishBonker)

informational pieces based on fact and bonker shouldn't be in the same sentence!!! :D:D:way:

but i am picking up what you're putting down in the rest of your post. :way:

I think we should bring back Moose270. He always made things interesting and even made Muddy poop yellow.........:drink2:

hahahahaha.....back when i first popped on the site. that was a LONG time ago

I think if you are worried about content you should be adding some. Just saying. I have watched members eb and follow as life and interest effect them. I found myself here a lot more with my kids involved on the site. Today I barely seem able to read once in a while.

I think if you are worried about content you should be adding some. Just saying. I have watched members eb and follow as life and interest effect them. I found myself here a lot more with my kids involved on the site. Today I barely seem able to read once in a while.

Because you had to have your kids read for you... :moon:

One of my all time favorite post since I have been on the site was a few years back when a guy posted all about this animal that was in his garage and he couldnt figure out what it was. He set some traps and if I remember right even put out a trailcam to figure out what was in his garage. The tension built as we waited everyday for him to finally catch it. Then the day came he had caught it and taken a picture. Under the picture he said I got it was a skunk!!!! or something along those lines. The best part of it was that it was an opossum hahahaha. There was some bashing and people laughing but it was all in fun. Nowadays I would hate to see the responses coming from people. We just have to remember that not everyone is at the same skill level or has grown up hunting. If someone post something stupid before you comment think to yourself maybe they are just starting out hunting. Maybe they grew up in a city and are just now starting to learn about the outdoors. Most people on here probably said a lot of dumb stuff too when they first started hunting. There are still a lot of people on here that sound like they are reading out of field and stream or something when they talk about deer hunting. Is that wrong, no not in my opinion. I think if we all thought about that more before we just fired off some post this would be more friendly site like it used to be and people would be more comfortable sharing.

Over the next 2 months or so I learned how to persuade rather than what I already did well, argue. If you think about it I would feel certain that you have never really won an argument by being the loudest and most out spoken with an "in your face attitude". It doesn't matter what the subject or the opposition was, you never really convinced the other side that your position was correct. This seems to be the case with some of the things that happen on here and other boards. I have been told many times over the years that I am opinionated and am not opposed to expressing that if called upon. I try to not get so high handed and don't turn things into personal attacks just because my opinion differs from others, as unfortunately I have seen on some of these boards. We should also all be able to express our feelings with out having to fall back on foul language either actual or hidden by xxxx or something else with the expressed meanings of profanity. This venue is indeed meant to exchange ideas and thought and real information on out door subjects and we should all be able to do that respectfully. No one should be concerned about being BLASTED or FLAMED or any thing else just for expressing their feelings on a subject relating to the outdoor life that we all enjoy and want to be able to pass on to future generations.:way:

When I was a TA in grad school, you were my favorite type of student to teach and work with. Grown up and you get it (life)! You drive home a very good point and one I've had to learn (sometimes as humbling as you did). There is a huge difference between arguing your point of with someone and persuading them to see your point of view. In my much younger days, I was prone to hot-headedness and would let discussions escalate to arguments real quick. When I got into the professional world of wildlife management, I had to learn to persuade instead of arguing. When you are tyring to build partnerships to recover an endangered species, you get much farther by using sound science and a calm head coupled with persuasion to build partnerships. I've seen countless professionals lose face quickly by letting their emotions get the best of them. Its even ok to agree to disagree, but do it respectfully, and not argumentatively. Like Bowmaker, I'm known to not hide my opinions, but I've learned to pick my battles and make my opinions known in a way that shows respect to those I disagree with. Some of the posts I've read lately really make me scratch my head and wonder what happened to civilized human beings in addition to reminding me why Homo sapiens are my least favorite species to work with! I'm starting to think that civilized people may be the next endangered species I get to work with.

And on that note, I'd really like to know what happened to Hardcore Hunter!! I miss that guy's posts!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Brotha Ghost is alive and well. Took a different job a few year back and hasn't had the time to get on here much anymore... Still kickin and ornery as ever... :way:

That's good to hear. I hope he has been getting time to hunt. I bet his kids are getting big. I always enjoyed his posts with pictures of him and his kids enjoying the outdoors. Didn't matter if he had them hunting, fishing or mushroom hunting they always had a smile on their faces. Does he still live down by Donnelson?

iowaqdm said:
That's good to hear. I hope he has been getting time to hunt. I bet his kids are getting big. I always enjoyed his posts with pictures of him and his kids enjoying the outdoors. Didn't matter if he had them hunting, fishing or mushroom hunting they always had a smile on their faces. Does he still live down by Donnelson?

Yep. Still there. His little girl is in pre-med and ghost jr is smashing the waterfowl in the area.

Top Bottom