Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gonna miss world war 3 this weekend!

Deerguy45

I am glad that I am going to miss another year of world war 3(shotgun season) Going to SD to try some pheasant hunting for 3 days. Hope people are safe. Although I know someone is going to get hurt. It always happens. Someone gets shot? Still don't understand shotgun season..Why? Not trying to be a hater. I realize that there is more to shotgun season then hunting.

Run deer run :way: If I could only teach them to run in a zig zag pattern.

Mobile Cooter using IW

There are people shot in a month in Waterloo, cedar rapids and Iowa city than have been shot during shotgun season in the last 10 years. You can't fix stupid and not all of the licensed hunters are competent enough to safely handle a firearm. Hell, look up hunting accidents in sd, I bet it is equally bad.
Hunt safe and be careful. Easy as that

No need to search for hunting incidents in SD... I'll provide the link! http://gfp.sd.gov/outdoor-learning/hunter-education/hunt-incidents.aspx

Most of our hunting accidents are people getting BB'd while pheasant hunting - I've personally been hit 3 times. Usually you just welt up and feel sore for a bit, needless to say there are 3 people that I DON'T hunt with anymore!

Deerguy - have fun and good luck! Hit the heavy cover, treebelts and slough grass are where the birds are right now. And the birds are jumpy from having been hunting for over a month now - bring some 4shot.

No need to search for hunting incidents in SD... I'll provide the link! http://gfp.sd.gov/outdoor-learning/hunter-education/hunt-incidents.aspx

Most of our hunting accidents are people getting BB'd while pheasant hunting - I've personally been hit 3 times. Usually you just welt up and feel sore for a bit, needless to say there are 3 people that I DON'T hunt with anymore!

I got BB'd once, right above the eye, now I try to wear some kind of shooting glasses. Kind of scary.

As far as WW 3 this weekend, we are participated, I hope they chase one to me!!

Deerguy45 said:
I am glad that I am going to miss another year of world war 3(shotgun season) Going to SD to try some pheasant hunting for 3 days. Hope people are safe. Although I know someone is going to get hurt. It always happens. Someone gets shot? Still don't understand shotgun season..Why? Not trying to be a hater. I realize that there is more to shotgun season then hunting.

Every year someone has to get on here and bash shotgun season, I find it hilarious! I know there's people out there without brains when it comes to shotgun hunting but seriously? If they put a stop to shotgun hunting you think all those guys will just quit hunting deer? No, they will be out either poaching or messing up your sacred smoke pole season.

If you think about it, couple people have died from falling from tree stands the last couple years and several drowned ice fishing last year but non from deer hunting?

Iowa shotgun

If you think about it, couple people have died from falling from tree stands the last couple years and several drowned ice fishing last year but non from deer hunting?

Statistics show you are more likely to get hit by lightning while golfing than to die in a hunting accident. Heart attacks actually take more hunters than anything. That being said, be safe everyone!!:way:

Hardwood11 said:
Heart attacks actually take more hunters than anything. That being said, be safe everyone!!:way:

That's from the first huge thump of the heart right at the onset of buck fever.

Why can't everyone just get along? Good god, bowhunters look at shotgunners as the scum of the earth when in reality we are both trying to do the same thing just a different method. Give it a rest. :rolleyes:

I will be out there this weekend hoping for a nice one! Good luck everyone and be safe! :way:

The problem is that shotgun season is typically when a large amount of people who do not handle guns much and don't hunt often, pick up a weapon and head to the timber. This is not a bowhunter vs gun hunter issue. It is what it is and the tresspassing, unsafe firearms handling and other issues our gun seasons are know for aren't about to go away. Like it or not, this is what our gun seasons are known to be. Like most things in life, the few, destroy the best things for most of people.

Last edited:
River1 said:
The problem is that shotgun season is typically when a large amount of people who do not handle guns much and don't hunt often, pick up a weapon and head to the timber. This is not a bowhunter vs gun hunter issue. It is what it is and the tresspassing, unsafe firearms handling and other issues our gun seasons are know for aren't about to go away. Like it or not, this is what our gun seasons are known to be. Like most things in life, the few, destroy the best things for most of people.

You beat me too it...I know way too many people that own one shotgun and blow the dust off of it once a year for shotgun season. They don't even think about hunting anything else throughout the year. IMO I don't consider these guys hunters. Now granite I know there are some shotgun hunters that are not like that.

Why can't everyone just get along? Good god, bowhunters look at shotgunners as the scum of the earth when in reality we are both trying to do the same thing just a different method. Give it a rest. :rolleyes:

I will be out there this weekend hoping for a nice one! Good luck everyone and be safe! :way:
I agree. :way:

Exactly, common sense, ethics and safety tend to go out the window for the next 2 1/2 weeks as the rush to kill a buck takes place. I know several groups that are very safe killing machines, hunting their own land as they have since the 50's, but alot more that just chase and shoot any deer they can, wherever they go, and will do anything to get them back out into the drive.

You need to get out more :confused: or step out of your "bow hunters" are the ultimate sportsmen shell that you've had molded around you.

but a lot more that just chase and shoot any deer they can, wherever they go, and will do anything to get them back out into the drive.

If you see illegal activity, report it. I have. And I have also testified against them in court.

If you see illegal activity, report it. I have. And I have also testified against them in court.
I always do, word gets around quick when guys get busted. It just sucks when you have to give up your hunting time to catch some dbag and hold him untill the sherriff or CO show up. Video evidence is the best, otherwise most of the time the he said, she said, lets them walk.

Top Bottom