Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gonna miss world war 3 this weekend!

Party hunting is like farming deer. There is no real hunting.

WRONG. It is hunting, but your opinion is that you'd rather sit and wait for them. To each their own. I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't judge those who push deer to fill their freezer.

I see this brought up every year and it is always the same old thing.

Gun hunters think bowhunters are asses and think we as bowhunters hate gun hunters. For some bowhunters it may be true. The only issue I have is the lack of respect the masses seem to have. Not only for the deer but the landowners, other hunters, and even the general public. I know this is not true for all, but I see it A LOT.

I no way am I saying all bowhunters are better than any gun hunter. Seems like this mad scramble to kill deer leaves bad feelings between the two groups.

So to my previous post. For you that are hunting without knowing or having any respect RUN DEER RUN to the rest GOOD LUCK.

One other thing I enjoy field photos over back of the truck or hanging. (But will look at both) So please take a camera with you this weekend. :way:

-}}}---------->

100% agree with cooter on this one. It varies from person i'm sure. The public I hunt is 100ish acres and gets destroyed gun 2 by a group of approx 30 guys that walk all over adjoining property and shoot every deer that moves. every year there's a few found dead that they don't find. Btw the main party owns 100s of acres that they wouldn't beat like that. Another group I know of kills upwards of 30 every year and over 3/4 of them are hushed. That's shooters not Hunters IMO. Praying for private land that can be respected someday.

What's wrong with hunting and giving the deer to hush?

Ask me that next year when deer are hard to find after the ehd losses. I just don't understand the kill em all mentality. I have nothing against gun Hunters in general , I go when I can myself but don't like driving as a personal preference. Hush meets certain needs but it shouldn't be an excuse for mass annihilation

alter said:
Ask me that next year when deer are hard to find after the ehd losses. I just don't understand the kill em all mentality. I have nothing against gun Hunters in general , I go when I can myself but don't like driving as a personal preference. Hush meets certain needs but it shouldn't be an excuse for mass annihilation

Agreed, found a buck this morning that died from ehd.......if you hunt just to killl then u should stay home too many people dont respect the deer

I don't generally have an issue with pushing deer or donating them to hush.

I personally enjoy sitting in a treestand, ground blind, or on the ground waiting for the deer to come to me. If I were stealthier I would still hunt. I really enjoyed the spot and stalk in WY I did this year.

I prefer to eat what I shoot. So, if I have a doe tag in my pocket that I know if I shoot one it won't get eaten....I'd rather just sit and watch them pass. That said....my wife and I eat a lot of deer so I can shoot 2-3 each year and consume them well before the next hunting season. We are getting very close to 'danger' points in my opinion and I'd rather not shoot extra and donate just because I wanted the thrill.

Hopefully the shotgun guys are able to fill all their tags and find all the deer they shoot. I try to drive around and check the spots I hunt (public land) and see how hard it's hit during shotgun season. That'll judge where I sit during late season.

Face it fellas, the state allows party hunting. Shame on them. I have a hard time knowing people that kill & shoot 4 to 5 diff deer only to let a friend put a tag on it. While the next day this same person is still out killing more deer cuz he didn't have to put his tag on it. State's fault.

hawkjosh22 said:
Why can't everyone just get along? Good god, bowhunters look at shotgunners as the scum of the earth when in reality we are both trying to do the same thing just a different method. Give it a rest. :rolleyes:

I will be out there this weekend hoping for a nice one! Good luck everyone and be safe! :way:

Aren't they?? There are bowhunters...then there is everybody else!

Most bowhunters hunt all year....putting in hours of scouting etc. Then you have the orange army who dust off their shotgun that they are hardly familiar with for one weekend...and push deer. That's not hunting!

Aren't they?? There are bowhunters...then there is everybody else!

Yeah! That's the spirit! Thanks for reaffirming my statement. :rolleyes:

And since when does you being out in the timber hunting all year long make you better than me a shotgunner?

Last edited:
Wwii

I dont have a problem with shotgunners in general but the ones that shoot anything that moves, along with 2-3 year old bucks, then Bitch cause there are no big bucks in their area they hunt. Well Karma is a bitch! If you are a young hunter or truely see him as a trophy, then shoot him. But if you are shooting him just because he has a rack, thats just dumb.

We took a pass on second season in Southern Illinois , hoping some shooter bucks take refuge on my property until I return to bow hunt.

I wish the state would just stop dicking around and just open this thing up. Use your phone or radio run them down in your truck just DO IT. I am a bow hunter now and dont think its is the end all be all of being a sportsman, its just more relaxing. Not to often you here an ARROW wizzzz by your head while you in your stand. Hope you all are safe and you shot as many deer as you can ;)

It is trespassing that has soured me on shotgunners. I know it is trespassers I should hate and not shotgunners, but when you drive by and see 6 or 8 orange coats driving your fingers and woodlots, it is shotgunners I hate. A group of trespassing shotgunners can wreak havoc on a piece of ground much like EHD. I have no problems with shotgun hunters as long as they stay on their side of the fence.

Top Bottom