Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Good bye Game cameras...

waterlogged

Good bye game cameras, I set up the Gamescout video system this weekend, this is unbelievable! Does anyone on this forum have this system? I know it is brand new but I am shocked I have not heard more about this…. (Gamescoutvideo.com) I get to watch my complete woods from anywhere with live video and never need to go in the woods. … I don’t see any use for my game cameras anymore, if anyone wants to purchase some Bushnells or Reconex let me know. I have six different cameras none over two years old….I would like to sell them all to one person… if any one is interested in my Bushnells (3) Reconex (3) please PM me..

I know it's a live feed, but, do they record and save still when something walks by? I doubt I would have time to stare at video all day and night at nothing..

Absolutely, it records 24/7 and has a event schedule that is motion detected and recorded on the DVR hard drive so at any time you can check the tripped events and then view and watch all the video before and after...I can watch if from my Droid or PC at work or home.. I love it!

How much this stuff cost??? Sounds cool! (monthly charge? Need good cell service, etc, etc?)

How much this stuff cost??? Sounds cool! (monthly charge? Need good cell service, etc, etc?)

The 4 camera setup is around $3500. From what I have seen of these, you have to be able to run the cord from the camera to where you are viewing. They offer 1000ft of cable, but that still means you would have to be close to your property. Waterlogged correct me if I'm wrong please. I looked into this because it looks like the cats a$$, but it didn't seem clear whether or not you could view from a long ways away. Some of the farms I hunt are 45 minutes away, thats a lot of wire :D

There is no cost after you purchase, no batteries, no cards, just 24/7 full time video surveillance and it records for over a straight month before it begins to overwrite, here is where the but comes in... I have this on my property I live on where I can have the system in my house, and my cameras up to a half mile away! but my land up north that is void of a camp, meaning no 110 or internet access this will not work, you must have power at the land and a safe dry area for the DVR, although that said I also purchased there camera on a reel so when I am up deer or bear camp hunting I can bring it and walk back and set it and watch it from a monitor at camp, it will make the card games more exciting...watching the nocturnal life take over.. no more spooking deer when I walk in, I will just check the camera first....

So, you have to run a cable through the timber to a place that has electricity? I am a telephone technician and I know enough that after a cable is out in the open (elements) it really starts to deteriorate from the rain/sun. I just cant imagine running a line through a timber just to watch deer.
I would rather just put out a camera then come back a month later and swap out memory card and maybe batteries than spending 3500 on a video camera and cable that will either get a cut in it then have moisture get it then have it corrode.

I can see where it would be nice for someone that wants cameras on their house or business but not for deer hunting.

Just my two cents worth.

You have to run a cable through the timber? This sounds like the most retarded thing I've ever heard of! What happened to just using a good set of binos and scouting before season? I truely hate the direction the hunting industry is going!

When I read the first post I thought that they had finally gotten down the price of a video system that used cell phone technology to where it was affordable, but this system you have to run a cable from where the camera is set up to your computer or TV. Not really practicable for most guys. I do think it would be great to be able to watch what is going on in the timber live, but this system wouldn't work for me, and I live within a mile of where I hunt. Still not close enough.

It is not just for hunting, I live on 200 acres and have 3 boys, to be able to be at several different locations through the eye of a live camera and watch wildlife in its undisturbed world with them is very interesting to say the least, just getting home to check the motion triggered events and watch it live at prime time is way better than tv, I don't think its for everyone and every situation but it definitley has its application, as for laying the cable on the ground, most of my cable I buried using a tree planter, and you could not find the camera if you wanted the way they are mounted in the trees..

I am also a phone technician, and on the construction end..A laid out cable wont last a year after it gets weaved through the woods..I know this from many experiences

There is not a chance in hell that I would forfeit a day in the field checking trail cams for watching it on TV.

More and more I long for the days of Flannel hunting clothes, a long bow, and a natural ground blind. Techy stuff is OK but it sure can take the "hunting" out of hunting.

Please don't misunderstand my intention, If you knew me you would know that I would never trade a minute of life let alone a day of it to not be on the water or in the woods for anything such as tv or checking cards on my laptop. That said I am passionate about learning and seeing what is happening in the woods without leaving scent and or disturbing wildlife. I first felt the same of game cameras, I thought it was crazy the way hunting was changing..but soon I found that technology trumps conservatism every time, and for good reason. if I can be on foot in the thicket with a gun, bow, or chainsaw, I am in my zone.....This is just another tool such as a ongoing class in nature. I am with you, nothing is better than being out in the thick of it!

Arbowhter, I do not work for the company but learned of the company from there parent company worldwide security systems.

Please don't misunderstand my intention, If you knew me you would know that I would never trade a minute of life let alone a day of it to not be on the water or in the woods for anything such as tv or checking cards on my laptop. That said I am passionate about learning and seeing what is happening in the woods without leaving scent and or disturbing wildlife. I first felt the same of game cameras, I thought it was crazy the way hunting was changing..but soon I found that technology trumps conservatism every time, and for good reason. if I can be on foot in the thicket with a gun, bow, or chainsaw, I am in my zone.....This is just another tool such as a ongoing class in nature. I am with you, nothing is better than being out in the thick of it!

hey, if it works for you, awesome man, don't have to defend that to anyone. At least you shouldn't have to. Sounds sweet and I hope you're happy with it. If it makes hunting, time, pressure and all sorts of other aspects better, sounds good to me! I personally think technology is a great thing and MOST things I find are great advancements for hunting, has the exceptions BUT the trail camera technology just keeps getting better and I'm happy about that!

sligh x2,other than the exposed cable I could have fun with that.If it was buried it should be fine. How far can you run the cable?Some of the best action on my farm is within 300 yards of my house. I would be way more likely to try this than the ozonics.

Just run the cable in some plastic conduit if you don't want to burry it. Would be a lot of conduit but at least your cable would last.

as for the cable, time will tell, but this is far from ordinary cable, I emailed the company and they replied that it has a two thick jackets and a sealer through out the core that gives it its durability. that too was my concern, it is still very new so of course it seems great today, but I will keep you up on it. But as for the cable it is very heavy and has a very thick jacket and they state that it is bury able and I did bury it most everywhere I could, I just put a friend on a tree planter and took my tractor out to the spot I mounted the cameras and he just fed the cable in the trench that the planter cut and closed the wire in, where I couldn't get the tractor I just hand dug where I could... maybe the novelty will wear off but at this point it seems to good to be true...it is far from a image or a short clip of video, its as if you are in all four tree stands and invisible and scent free, the view is amazing, I have it hooked up to our main 42" tv and there is always something on one of the cams... I can't wait until deer season....

Top Bottom