Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Good first morning

ArcheryIA44

PMA Member
I'm not going to be hunting hard until late this month, but I had to get out. My teenage son and five of his friends wanted to camp on the property Saturday night, so Saturday morning was my only shot to get something done this weekend.

Sat down about 20 minutes before first shooting light. The wind was swirling and one minute it would be perfect and the next it would be blowing out right over my (somewhat anemic) food plot.

I heard one buck (at least that what I imagined) snort-wheeze just east of me at 7:05. Then at 7:30 I had a small-medium buck sneak into the top of the plot; wouldn't have taken him but it showed that I needed a new shooting lane cut. Two different groups of does tried to get into the plot but the wind was causing problems (they busted out of there).

Finally, just after 9, a group of three small bucks walked into the plot like they owned the place. The two spikes started sparing and the small six pointer walked over to break them up. He was like the 8 year old on the kindergarten playground trying to show the little kids what a big boy he was.

Fun morning!

Brian

Top Bottom