Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Good opening weekend

biggest buck

9 of us went out this weekend to the Loess Hills by Little Sioux on public ground, we came home with 7 deer. One decent 10 point and the rest does. I shot one small buck and a doe, my son shot two does and dropped a decent buck in his tracks but he somehow was able to get up and run away just before dark tonight. I missed an absolute giant 6x6 that would have been another one for the wall. Overall it was a fantastic hunt!

I only have a pic of the ten pt while hes hanging and a pic of the pickup load, which I wont bother posting. My son and I looked pretty hard for his buck, then darkness set in so we loaded up his two does and came home til tomorrow. As for the giant I missed, I know he wasnt hit so there was no use looking for him as though he was wounded. I did stalk thru the hilly area he headed to, plus another group of hunters pushed the area an hour later towards me. This is when I shot my small buck.

Top Bottom