Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Good or Bad? You decide

Thought that if this was appropriate some people could print and leave at the upcoming Whitetail Classic? Just a rough draft, but somone could run with the concept. Maybe for reasons I am not aware of this would not be a good idea?? So I will leave it up to the site to decide.....:rolleyes:

picture.php

The only entity to take a negative commercial campaign against the Land and Water Legacy. I've had my fill of FB also.

As a farmer, I was briefly a FB member.

I have since dropped my membership, due to their "kill all deer" stance and lobbying effort.

Well, in a state where farming puts food on the table and deer hunting is considered a recreational activity, it will fall on deaf ears.

no sir deer hunting is life here.. most farmers i know are pretty good about it. most of the time its some old crab ass penny pincher who thinks all deer eat are hes crops

Well, in a state where farming puts food on the table and deer hunting is considered a recreational activity, it will fall on deaf ears.

Well I guess we have our naysayers. No offense Jdubs.

Since we have them then yes it may work.

At least it is a start and someone is trying something much like IWF.
Better use of time than sitting on a website typing and bitc@ing about how
things need to change.

Can't change anything sitting on a couch. Might turn just enough heads to make them back off.

Great job. Thanks for your effort :way:

I think it's great!

Your "urgent" could be a little bit bigger, to grab more attention. Also, I think it would be awesome if there were some kind of contact info on it, maybe to a site where they could get more info, etc.

Personally, I'd like to see about 4 different versions of this, all with different random facts on why hunters shouldn't support FB.

Personally, I'd like to see about 4 different versions of this, all with different random facts on why hunters shouldn't support FB.

I think it's pretty good but facts are needed. Maybe two pages. A cover page very much like the one posted, then a second with hard hitting facts. Get a sponser to help with cost's, recruit some friends and hand them out at the classic.

Yes, I agree it can be done better it was just an initial thought. I could not agree more on including some hard hitting facts to award the publication some needed substance. Lots of people on this site are very well informed…which is awesome!
I myself, although a whitetail enthusiast (all year round) had no idea of the efforts FB makes to destroy Iowa’s deer population until reading posts here, and then looking into it myself. Leads me to believe there has to be more like me out there ignorant of FB’s goals as well.

The decrease in deer numbers over the past few years (not saying the goal population is good or bad at this point) has proven that our natural recourses can be a delicate thing, and I personally don’t want to be on the sidelines 5-10 years from now saying I wish I would have tried something:confused:

My hope in starting this type of a campaign is more about strengthening the outdoorsmen’s voice through numbers then only bashing FB.

Danny Boy: Linking to a site where people could go, and easily get this information is the best idea yet!:way::way:

Running a few pieces in the Des Moines Register, and other publications would most certainly ruffle some feathers!!

You need to go after the Iowa Farm Bureau instead of Farm Bureau Financial Services, an affiliate. Cut the head off instead of a toe. JMHO.

Yes, I agree it can be done better it was just an initial thought. I could not agree more on including some hard hitting facts to award the publication some needed substance. Lots of people on this site are very well informed…which is awesome!
I myself, although a whitetail enthusiast (all year round) had no idea of the efforts FB makes to destroy Iowa’s deer population until reading posts here, and then looking into it myself. Leads me to believe there has to be more like me out there ignorant of FB’s goals as well.

The decrease in deer numbers over the past few years (not saying the goal population is good or bad at this point) has proven that our natural recourses can be a delicate thing, and I personally don’t want to be on the sidelines 5-10 years from now saying I wish I would have tried something:confused:

My hope in starting this type of a campaign is more about strengthening the outdoorsmen’s voice through numbers then only bashing FB.

Danny Boy: Linking to a site where people could go, and easily get this information is the best idea yet!:way::way:

Running a few pieces in the Des Moines Register, and other publications would most certainly ruffle some feathers!!

I am not a very political person but maybe you should run it by
Elkhunter and see what he thinks.

Just a thought or any other political people that I may not know whom
are on the site?

I'm not sure if you can legally use the FB logo without their consent. Hate to throw cold water on a good idea, but be careful.

Looks outstanding! I like the idea of having a second page with some facts of why people should not support them, having facts right there to read will get a lot more notice than just a web address expecting people to go look it up themselves.

I work for one of the FedEx divisions and have heard we get a discount with Kinko's. I will find out for sure and if so, I'd be glad to help in any way if things get pricey or it's more than you can simply print from your computer.

Another thing, if you were to run it in a large publication such as the register, be prepared for some backlash! FB has a LOT of money behind them and I'm sure with that, have gobs of distorted statistics they could publish in every publication known in this state at the blink of an eye.

I would just make sure you have all your ducks in a row. Obtain some statistics of your own, whether it be how hunting is a financial asset for our state, or whatever else. I'm sure there are a dozen people on this site that could rattle good stats off at the blink of an eye. And don't go it alone!!!

Top Bottom