Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Good temps bad winds

msauer933

Looked at the extended forecast for next week and all of the wind is S, E, or SE. That sucks for most of my stands.....gonna have to get creative!

I'm actually pretty stoked about the east winds. We never get them and my best areas need an east wind to sit them. Game on.

I have 3 stands that are perfect for E, SE winds. 2 of which I haven't sat in yet this year just waiting for the wind. I'm on vacation starting Sunday, and I am more than ready!

SE is perfect for my favorite spot...where i happen to have daylight pics of my target buck!!

I was in the same boat as you, until Friday afternoon. Decided to hang a set for a south, South east, or east wind. Ended up doubling on does Saturday morning. Seen loads of deer behind my stand moving through a dried crick bed. Had no clue they could move back in there and not be seen.
So now im am excited for south or east winds.

Any south wind works for the majority of where my stands are. The N winds don't. This Sunday was a perfect example of a wind that wouldnt work for me!

I'm mobile so no biggie but I would rather hunt my N NW W wind stands that are already up. That's hunting though.

East winds equal big buck movement, always have stands for east.

Just curious, why do you say/think this? Anyone else? I've got enough stands out where I could at least hunt 1 of them on any given wind. The new one I hung tonight, anything westerly would be ideal. Found a nice little 'plateau' between a small ravine and the huge main ravine, littered with scrapes and rubs. Hung a camera, excited to see what's making all the scrapes.

Just curious, why do you say/think this? Anyone else? I've got enough stands out where I could at least hunt 1 of them on any given wind. The new one I hung tonight, anything westerly would be ideal. Found a nice little 'plateau' between a small ravine and the huge main ravine, littered with scrapes and rubs. Hung a camera, excited to see what's making all the scrapes.

I can't speak for Breiner but I have noticed this as well, especially during the pre-rut. Nov. 1 2008 was an evening with a strong East wind that followed what seemed like a week of consecutive west winds. It was still unseasonably warm, but I never saw so many large bucks in the back of pickups during bow season as I did that night.

Top Bottom