Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Goodyear duratracs

vrod

Anyone in the market for a GREAT truck tire?
I spent 2 weeks researching a replacement truck tire that would get me through all the outdoor mud/snow For Iowa outdoor adventures.
I kept coming back to the goodyear duratrac but the aggressive tread worried me alittle. I have ran true mud terrain tires and found them to suck in the snow and wet pavement,not to mention the loud roar on dry pavement. These tires are an a/t with the lugs of a m/t. Noise is very minimal with any aftermarket exhaust. My 03 chevy 2500 has been worthless in 2wd with any snow/mud. I have ran many different a/t tires and never found one that truly could handle mud. They all just fill the tread with mud and become slicks. These tires have been amazing to say the least. The last 2 weeks of Iowa weather has allowed me to test in the mud as well as snow.
I could not get stuck in 2wd on any mud road :D Only used 4wd to go faster, but in 2wd the truck just kept pushing ahead even up hill. Same results with 4" of wet snow that pack to ice very easy. Was able to drive up hill on gravel road home in 2wd that I've always had to switch to 4wd in snow to climb.
Bottom line, these are the BEST tire I've ever owned and want to let everyone know to check them out.:drink2:

I LOVE my nitto mud grapplers. Never had a problem in the snow, rain, or mud. But they are $425 a piece. I need some new tires on my work rig. I guess I will have to check into the Duratracs.

I'm on my second set of duratracks. As long as they keep making them ill keep buying them.
Have gone above and beyond expectations on the first set and the second set has been the same. I've talked a lot of people into them after seeing how well mine have stayed together after a lot of abuse

Just curious as to how they handle on gravel roads? Every goodyear tire I have ever owned has been a magnet for picking up nails on gravel roads. Seemed like I had a flat tire every other week or more. I switched to the Nitto terra grapplers a year ago and have had one flat tire since. Just looking for some imput for the future. Thanks

I drive 82 miles a day and a pretty good chunk of that is gravel during the fall and winter months, and my duratrac tires are holding up well, I have had them since November I
have them on an Oldsmobile bravada with smartTrac and the tires make it seem like I have true 4 wheel drive with lockers, just my .02

I put 62, 000 very hard gravel, timber, fields, crp and mud miles on the first set. Not one single flat on the first set.
Second set is the exact same. They keep taking any sort of abuse that I put them through. For me they have been far superior to any other tire I've ever ran.
They are 10 ply mountain rated and indestructible in my opinion. Best of all they are very very quiet on the highway.

Top Bottom