Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got a new bow! Traditional Style!

HOWATTANDHAWKEN

PMA Member
As you may or may not know, I prefer the traditional style bows and kind of favor the recurve.
I have shot compounds and longbows also in the past and I bought a new bear compound bow last fall and intend to use it this fall to fill a doe tag or two ...or three
grin.gif

Anyway , I have really been looking at the Reflex/Deflex style longbows and since I have never had one I was seriously considering trying it out.
Well around June 1st I called a fellow in Indiana that makes these bows, His name is Don Dow and he calls this the STIK BOW. It took him about 3 weeks and he shipped it over to me. These bows are very nice for the price.
I had to have a lefty made and he built it to the weight and draw I wanted, Very nice bow . Shoots fast, Does'nt stack and almost Zero hand shock.
For around $200.00 . I am very happy with it and this will be my primary hunting bow this fall during deer season. Just thought I would put this on here since things are so slow.

64" Long
52 # @ 28"
I draw at 29" so I pull around 55# with it.

1113new_bow.jpg

1113handle-med.jpg

That would fit me great Dan! If you let me borrow it I will be sure to give it back
grin.gif
. Looks great!

Aside from the fact that it's backwords
grin.gif
great looking bow.
I had exchanged several emails with Don but after about three exchanges he didn't answer and I never heard back from him
confused.gif
Don't know what happened.
As muich as I like my longbows, there has been a particular model of Groves revurve that I've wanted for many years and I just found and bought one. If it shoots good it will probably be my primary weapon this fall. It's enroute now.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Shoots fast, Does'nt stack and almost Zero hand shock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a beauty and a heck of price to boot.

Yes thats him. I kind of recommended him to someone on a different post a month or so ago. That was before I bought mine. I found him on EBay and contacted him, He doesn't normally make LH bows so I had to order it. Before he would do it. He sells them on Ebay for $199.00 and $20.00 shipping. Thats pretty much what I paid plus a string ,Nock point and rug/ Strike plate. Shot a bunch last night and this thing is sweet! 20 yds and a big buck is a dead one!

Shred & Shovel,

I would like to see pics of your bows when you get them, Those chastains are Nice and pricey , but I bet it will be worth it., My Dad always talks about the old Groves recurves too, love to see them both when you get them.
Dan

As Don Dow's reputation as a bowyer has grown, so has the bidding-up prices on the bows he makes and sells on Ebay. I got mine (a 62" 50lb model) for $300. It went from $199 to $300 in the last 10 minutes of bidding.

I must say it's a very sweet-shooting, quiet and shock free bow, and I'm axious to get good enough with it to hunt, maybe next year. Until then, I'll stick with my compound for moving targets.

Don was extremely helpful answering my questions as one new to traditional archery. His product is well-made and shoots better than I can currently aim....I'm gett'in there, though.

Top Bottom