Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got bored, made a....

Seth

Lanyard for my new slate call. Picked up the Primos Jackpot slate call a few days ago. I like the way it sounded and apparently everyone else did too because I snagged the last one on the shelf at Scheels.

Anyways, I got bored today and I made a lanyard for it out of stuff I had laying around. I've got a whole bag of this leather string from a hobby store- the whole bag, which is ALOT, only cost something like $5- I picked out 3 of the longest strands and braided them together. At the half-way point I threaded one of the strands through the tab with a hole on the slate, then I kept braiding right over the tab to keep it in place.

I drilled a hole in the end of the striker and threaded just one strand through it and tied it together. Then I laced one short strand through the braid near the slate and hung the scratch pad on it using gorilla glue tape and a paper clip. All in all it took me about 10 minutes time.

Having the striker and slate on separate lanyards allows me to be able to call while still having them hanging around my neck.

slate_call_lanyard_002.jpg

slate_call_lanyard_001.jpg

hahaha

that call and striker sound sweet together!!!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> a little redneck with the duck tape & scotch brite pad, but ingenious.</div></div>

I'll give you the duct tape brother, but believe it or not, the scotch brite pad came in the package with the call.

Top Bottom