Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

got my 2nd with the bow...

muddy

Sorry, no picture. Not much of a story either, but I got # 2 with the bow last night. Went on a "marathon hunt". I knew where he roosted so I went in at noon and waited. He showed up at 6 pm. He interrupted my book so I shot him. About 24#, havn't measured the spurs or beard yet but they're big, will post pics of them later.

Sorry, no pic of bird, batteries in camea were dead, but if you've seen one dead bird you've seen 'em all. I would've been the "coolest" thing in the pic, and that sure ain't saying much.
blush.gif

Nice job, Muddy! I got pretty close to filling my tag yesterday several times.....but the hens always seemed to pull the big boys away. Hopefully next weekend will be different.

Put a tape to the beard and spurs....

beard is a little over 11 inches and the spurs are each over 1.50 by a smidge.
bigshock.gif
will have pictures posted tomorrow of the beard and spurs on a tape...i'm in awe...2 limbhangers in 1 season. this one wasn't off public land.
grin.gif

Heck of a job Muddy! Two limbhangers in one year
bow.gif
! I'm still waiting for my first. I shot mine yesterday morning, my first time out
mad.gif
. 21 lbs. 11 in. beard and 7/8 in. spurs. I'll have to wait till next year for a limbhanger. Anyway Congrats!

Might yet squeak a pic of the bird out...the batteries were crappy in the other camera, time will tell. Here's the beard and spurs for you all to enjoy. I couldn't stretch the beard to capacity since I was running the camera but he does stretch well past 11 inches. As for the spurs, I'd hate to take one of them in the hand!!

Attachments

• 25454-BigBeard&Spurs.jpg
    25454-BigBeard&Spurs.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 7
bigshock.gif
All I can say is wow. I don't think too many people are fortunate enough to bag a turkey that old. Those spurs are huge and so is the beard. And they look like they could do some major damage. Awesome trophy.
peace.gif

Top Bottom