Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got my buck (photos)

oh2b

I shot my buck wednesday night and retrieved him yesterday morning. Hes not big by any means but he had a bad antler gene or two. Ive shot several in the area like him, 4 or 5 points on one side and a big fork on the other. I decided to take him.

Earlier that day I seen a HUGE cat. I do have a tag and I almost shot him but I left my tag at home
mad.gif
I almost shot him anyway, thought about running home after to get my tag. I took pictures instead. I dont know how much you all know about Mt Lions but this one was easily B&C. He was 35 yards away and offered several perfect shots. His paws are just under 6 inches across and Im guessing somewhere slightly above 200 LBS. Deffinatelly a freak of nature.
Origional
orig.jpg

enlarged
kitty.jpg

Re: Got my buck

Let's see some pics of that buck! Better get the cat tag filled. They only are good for the first 25 shot right? Was your buck a mulie I take it? Nice photos of the cat!

Ty, I will post photos of my deer soon as they get developed. I wasted a whole roll on the cat so I had to start a new roll once I got my deer.

Today I went and bought some predator calls and I am going hunting for that big fella tomorrow. If I see him I am going to use my bow if I can but I will have a 44 mag within easy reach.

No my buck was a whitetail. As for the cats the season will go on untill december 15th, or untill 5 breeding age females are shot, or untill 25 total cats are shot, whichever comes first. We are currently at 2 breding females and 3 males. That makes the current count 5. My biggest fear now is that all older females will be shot. Im telling you this cat is an absolute monster.

lets see some deer pics!

hope you get to show us some dead cat pics soon too!

Way to go. Glad to hear you have a backup plan for the cat. Good Luck and congrats on your deer.

Man, great pictures...lots of cats in the hills these days. Makes me want to sit in a stand when I am calling turkeys out there in the spring...
grin.gif

There are a lot of cats. 2 Were hit by a car just the other night. So far 8 have been shot by hunters. I really hope I can get that kitty, a B&C cat with a bow would be something else. Anyway I just wanted to post a few pictures of my buck. Hes not big by any means but I was glad to get him out of the herd. Theres been a bad genetic thing going around, big 5 on one side and a spike or fork on the other. Also seeing that cat helped me decide to shoot that deer, now I can concentrate on him.
10-14-2005-19.jpg

10-14-2005-18.jpg

Great harvest pics and that's one fat cat!! I'd be hanging around that gut pile. That snow looks refreshing. Good luck with the puddy tat.
grin.gif

I'm afraid I would have been making a really fast drive home!!!

I would pry Sh** my pants if i seen a cat. I have heard tons of stories that their is one out were we hunt at. I talked to a guy that said he took a break from cutting fire wood and the cat came within 10 yards of him. but this is a guy that said he seen a 10 point the scored over 200 at 10PM.
crazy.gif
He is full of stories
smirk.gif

Top Bottom