Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got my deer mount back today!

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
Well I got a phone call this afternoon from Marlin Hoch that my archery buck from November was already done! Thought you guys might want to take a look at some of the photos of the mount! Overall, i'm really pleased, and each year i'm amazed at how quick Marlin's turn around rate is. I shot this buck November 9th, 08 (2 months ago). Within the past month Marlin has mounted 50 deer, which I find pretty unbelievable. He definitly gets the job done.

Sidenote-the empty beer cans and bottles are from myself and three buddies..... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif Nothing like drinking some beer while your deer is getting mounted!

Jason working on my form....
IMG_2588.jpg

Marlin working on my hide....
IMG_2600.jpg

Sliding hide on form...
IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

Ready for the drying period...
IMG_2639.jpg

Finished product!
10.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

Nice looking deer..Were is he from ? it took me a year and a half to get my last deer back /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif im done with that guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking deer..Were is he from ? it took me a year and a half to get my last deer back /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif im done with that guy.</div></div>

Dallas Iowa. It's a smaller town in Marion County, about 30 minutes SE of Des Moines.

Great looking buck, and great mount. You will enjoy that buck for years and years to come. Thanks for sharing the photos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AIRASSAULT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great.. I don't understand why they dont tuck the bottom lip right away though??</div></div>

I'm not really sure on that one. I know the very next morning they ended up tucking it. I'm not a taxidermist, so I don't know the reasons behind that. Maybe something to do with the hide being too wet? Or possibly it really doesn't matter if it sits like that for a day? That's a good question though, but i'm really not sure.

That is some good work! That turn around time is unheard of around here unless you shell out some extra moola. Congrats on a great mount! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom