Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got my first bird!

Last Saturday morning I shot my first turkey!

Did not have a scale, but would guess low to mid 20's. 9.25 inch beard and 1 inch spurs.

000_0047.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Full Quiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

And shot with a pretty sweet gun! That is what happens when you try to tell dad what gun you would like him to grab for you...worked just fine! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goatman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good job. Nice country.</div></div>

That would be the Loess Hills of Western Iowa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nock on Wood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and the story??? </div></div>

Oh I was hoping someone would ask! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nock on Wood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and the story???</div></div>

Haha.....ok, I guess so.

Well we did not have much time to be doing this. I got up at 4 AM Saturday morning got out and sat and had 4-5 gobblers on the roost with hens, but they got down and went the opposite way. So I headed over to a spot where I thought they would be, sure enough there was one strutting. I snuck within 80 yards and started to call, there was now two strutters and they would gobble to me every now and then. Five minutes pass and a hen walks across the field and joins them. I continue to try to bring them in with no luck. They would walk my way a little and then drop down in the timber, pop out and walk back. Later another hen would come out with them. So I decide I should probably get going to help plant trees. I get up and start to walk out when I jumped a nice tom. That is where the story ends. By no means the way I wanted to get my bird, but was happy to fill my tag, gonna be good eating.

hoofline.gif

Nothing like that first time! Congrats on your turkey harvest! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Full Quiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div> </div></div>

It made for some great laughs! Dad and I heard the shot and thought he had one of the strutters and he comes over the hill holding up this bird...then laughs and says, "ya wanna know how I got him!?" oh good times!

Hey great bird!

Not trying to tell you what to do, but for safety's sake, I wouldn't wear read and white shirt that can be seen. Maybe you had it covered up.

Congrats again on the bird!

Top Bottom