Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got Talent?

JNRBRONC

It appears Stuffy does! :way:

Taxidermy and photography by Stuffy.

DSC03858_zpsc0ce91cc.jpg

DSC03856_zpsd2a4ae64.jpg

DSC03855_zps45ba77bb.jpg

DSC03854_zps5b749783.jpg

DSC03853_zps3e58f6e3.jpg

DSC03857_zps776dc85f.jpg

Thanks!;)

I liked it better on his wall. :D

I need to move it around to find the spot in the house I like. Right now, looking up from the computer, this is what I see:
P3190001_zpsf57a875a.jpg

That forehead hair color is kinda unique isn't it ?? My mounts all seem to be a darker color rather than the lighter brown. Very nice buck and mount.

Can you post the name and location of this taxidermist ? Looking for a new guy

I see that someone else provided Durk's name already, but I thought I would add that I have had several deer and other items done by Durk in the past few years and he is one of the best IMO. Can't go wrong there.

Really good taxi work on a great looking buck! I passed on a 9 with that same antler conformation in SW IA a couple times last fall, hoping that he will blow into something that nice for next season.

With a full sneak form he needs to hang somewhere that you see him at eye level and not look up at him. A matte black wall might help make him look like the photo too... :rolleyes: :D

I see that someone else provided Durk's name already, but I thought I would add that I have had several deer and other items done by Durk in the past few years and he is one of the best IMO. Can't go wrong there.
I agree 100%! he's done a couple deer and a pheasant for me...all gorgeous mounts!

He ll has frozen over

So much for global warming!! :D

I got a couple older racks being mounted at another taxi shop right now. :way:

I guess a person should never make "never" statements, especially when it is about getting deer mounted. ;)

beautiful mount Randy, looks great. I don't recall seeing that one on here, when did you kill him?

beautiful mount Randy, looks great. I don't recall seeing that one on here, when did you kill him?

October 12, 2012
[FONT=&quot]With a storm forecasted to roll in, I decided to take the afternoon off.

I had the LW hung and was sitting down at 2:30 pm. Not much happened until 5:30, then things picked up. I had 4 young bucks around me. One, a 110" 8 was bird dogging does all over. I had him twice broadside, once at 10 yards, 15 yards the next time. Being only my second hunt of the season, I didn't even raise the bow.

Just as it was getting dark, I heard something to the south (I had an east wind). I quickly stood up. I was set up in a very brushy spot, I could see maybe 50 yards but odds were against a clear shot. He finally came into view at maybe 40 yards and I knew he was a shooter. He was moving slow, stopping every step to smell the bushes/ground. When I hung the stand, I saw a huge scrape and a 12 inch diameter tree that had been rubbed up. The base of my tree was about 10 yards from it.

It looked like he was going to head to the corn field to the east at first. He was going to hit a clear shooting lane at about 35 yards and I was getting ready to take the shot. He turns toward the scrape, so I let him come.

He stopped at 30 yards and started looking up at me. I figured I was busted for sure, but I just froze. I was regretting forgetting my face mask, hoped the shadow of my hoodie would hide my face, that and holding my bow w/quiver sideways in front of it. He kept coming down the trail towards the scrape. When he was behind a couple of trees, I drew back because if I didn't, he'd be at 12 yards in the next shooting lane.

Well, he was taking his sweet time, stopping and sniffing. I was doing a good job of holding at full draw because I knew I had to hang on!!! There was no letting down and redrawing with how close he was.

His head and shoulders finally clear the last bit of brush. He is quartering hard to me, almost head on really. He drops his head to sniff the ground. Now my arms are way tired and I'm starting to shake. I put the 20 yard pin on the top of his left front shoulder, off the spine a couple of inches but away from the shoulder blade. I hit the release and watch the arrow bury into him. When it hit, he took off like a rocket, through the scrape. I could see about half my arrow sticking up in the air, angled forward. As he charged past and out of sight, I hear a deer snort twice from the direction he went.

I looked at my cell phone and it was 6:50 pm. I packed up most of my stuff, but left the LW in the tree thinking I might go back the next day for a doe hunt. I carried things a half mile to the car. I wasn't sure how long to wait, so I took a drive. I got back a few minutes after 8 pm and hiked back in.

Of course he ran the opposite direction from the car! I started following the trail he ran off on, figured that hitting him high like that with no exit was going to be a poor blood trail. Just hoped I would walk up on him. It was starting to sprinkle with lightning to the west; I knew any blood trail would be washed away by morning. Also, the place is lousy with coyotes. Now or never was front and center in my mind.

I got maybe 125 yards and saw him laying dead on the trail ahead! I let out a war whoop, field dressed him, threw my jacket on him in hopes that my scent would keep the coyotes off him until I got back. He was right on the NE corner of the property, about as far from the car as he could get. I drove over to the neighbor’s house that I can see from that corner to ask if I could come in from the north. The guy was cool, said we could drive his truck back there and he'd help drag. It was only maybe 125 yard drag but mostly up hill and it was a bummer (but a good bummer).

The rain put a damper on field photos, rained through the next day as well. I figured I needed to cape him out instead of waiting for pics. Some hastily taken pics:
PA120013_zpsd3c587f8.jpg

PA120011_zpsca9cd9e3.jpg

[/FONT]

Top Bottom