Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

got Templeton... Rye?

Another good Iowa product. Got a bottle of Cedar Ridge Iowa Bourbon Whiskey for my birthday. Gives Maker's a run for it's money. Sorry Bonker.

I drank some back in June and it might be awhile before I ride that train again. Maybe someday I'll figure out what the term moderation means.:drink2:

There is a place in waterloo that sells it. The problem is its on the east side. When I get the nerve to venture in its usually during daylight hours haha

I know of 2 places in Waterloo that has this stuff in stock as we speak. I've been to both places today an they both had it on their shelves. Unfortunately, I'm not going to divulge this information. Gotta keep my places, well just that, my places :p

WOW! Pretty strange! I just tonite had a co-worker ask me about this stuff! I had never heard of it!!!! Find out it is a long waiting list for our store to get it!! Also found out we have a couple bottles in back!!!!!!!!:D HMMMMMMMMMM!!!!:way::way:

homeBottle.png

Here is a link to some history on Templeton Rye, still made in Templeton, Iowa.

IPBS did a special on it a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjwUsIsYjto

Hy-Vee in Keokuk always has a couple bottles for sale in the glass case. 30 or 35 dollars I can't remember. Never tried it. Might have to.

Yes, if you happen to be in the know you can get the "Rocket Fuel" here and there. That stuff is AWESOME.

Hey, mine never showed up! Could you double check my mailing addy and drop another bottle my way?

:grin:

I got my dad some of this for Christmas. There were about 30 bottles on the shelf in Denison at the time & I was gonna get mine the next time I was down there. 2 weeks later it was sold out. I did drive through Templeton to see the facility. I would like to tour it some time, maybe get my fishing buddy from the lakes & spend a day putting stickers on the bottles or something.

In my opinion Templeton is overrated. May deserve some cache if it was made in Iowa (which a lot of people mistakenly think it is) rather than trucked in on a tanker truck and bottled here.

Try some Jaimeson.

I had a glass of Templeton this weekend from a bottle my father in law gave me. Cedar Ridge Burbon made in Swisher, IA is not bad, either if you are looking for the 'made in Iowa' thing.

Top Bottom