Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got the age results on my late muzzleloader buck

Matthewfox_45

img_2868-jpeg.125094

Here’s a pic of the buck. Anyone want to take a stab at the age before I post a pic of the results? Curtis, can’t answer because he already knows.

Attachments

• IMG_2868.jpeg
    IMG_2868.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 264
How long does a buck live in your area? Looking at that pic it seems he would have been healthy enough to live a couple more years. Sooo, T-2 is my guess, ha. Maybe 9?

Last edited:
How long does a buck live in your area? Looking at that pic it seems he would have been healthy enough to live a couple more years. Soon, T-2 is my guess, ha. Maybe 9?
The last few years there hasn’t been as much gun pressure on the neighbor’s so hopefully the bucks have a chance of living a little longer.

Of all the sets that I’ve send in for people 90-95% have been 4.5 or 5.5 and it’s impossible to age deer accurately by a pic but always fun to take a stab…….. 5.5

Last edited:
Of all the sets that I’ve send in for people 90-95% have been 4.5 or 5.5 and it’s impossible to age deer accurately by a pic but always fun to take a stab…….. 5.5
That's surprising to me, my taxidermist says the vast majority he sends in are 3 year Olds. Must be a difference in location.

He maybe be a 'managment buck', but he is freaking awesome, look at the mass. He is a perfect example to me that just because a deer doesnt have a huge score doesnt mean his rack isnt aweosme. Look at that mass and character, I'd take that over a clean 165' 10pt.

I was and still am absolutely thrilled to have harvested him. They don’t have to score high to be a trophy to me. He’s a mature deer for sure!

I woulda shot him 50x over. & without history- I woulda had no clue how old!!! Clearly!!! …. As my crap guess of 9.5 was off by 4 years!! ;). I woulda shot em if I knew he was 5.5 as well. Good one!!!!!

He showed up on the cams last year for the first time around thanksgiving and was a regular after that. The lack of history and his obscene bases and not much else led me to believe he was old…I thought 9 or 10. Turned out I was way wrong, but I was thrilled to harvest two mature bucks in the same season.

Top Bottom