Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gotta Love it!

Iowa1

One of the greatest pleasures of my life has been intorducing my kids to bowhunting. Sterling is the caboose of the family, he's 12. And as of last night, all five of my kids have bagged deer. My oldest son is 26 and he and his wife are bowhunting near Rochester, MN after several years of not hunting, so it does carry on. Anyway here's the story of Sterling's first deer.

As it was getting dark last night I went to get Sterling out of his stand. When he got down and walked up to me I asked the standard question: What did you see? "Wellll..." he said "I saw a shrew.. some birds... and Oh yeah, a deer with an arrow in it."

WHAT? was my response. Then he started blabbering about the deer and the shot and it looked like a good shot and blah blah blah. Man was he excited and talking a mile a minute. 100 yards of trailing lung blood and we were field dressing his first deer. He'd told me that it was a nice sized doe but it turned out to be the biggest button buck I have ever seen; about 120 pounds. He can't wait to get to school today with the pictures.

Life is good.

Sterling.jpg

Very nice, it is really fun to hunt with your kids and experience their excitement and interest too! Congrats to the young hunter and Dad too!

Congrats! Sounds like you have a comedian on your hands. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Congrats to you & your son. I love how they can't talk fast enough when they tell you everything that happened & what they saw.
Maggs

hoofline.gif

His BIG smile says it all! Congrats! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom