Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Goulds gobblers!

biggest buck

On vacation down in Tucson Arizona and went for a hike today in the mountains. I got really lucky and got to see a few Goulds turkeys on our hike today. Let me tell you, they are some BIG birds compared to our Easterns!
Pretty exciting to see them!

picture.php

Up in the Santa Catalinas? 17 stinking bonus points and I still can't get drawn for a Goulds tag! ARRGH!

I can point you in some other areas to see even more of them!

You guessed it Brian! 17 points and you can't get a tag, wow. That is nuts. I can't believe the size of those things. Would've been an easy shot with my bow that's for sure. They seemed tame, probably due to all the hikers in this area daily.

Most of the Gould's in SE Arizona are fairly acclimated to people because of the hikers, bird watchers, etc. I've sat in the middle back seat of a fire rig (wildfire) and called Goulds jakes in without a call. I stood in base camp the next morning with my crew boss, after he heard what I did, and called a group of 5-6 toms in to 40 yards, with two of them in full strut. They are crazy call-friendly birds. I'll have 19 points going into the spring 2017 draw...maybe then...finally!

How many years has it taken you to accumulate the points you have? It shouldn't be too hard to bag one then! Can't wait for the pics

I started buying the fall bonus point in the fall of 2008 and then applying for Gould's only every spring. So I've been accumulating points since 2009. I also have a hunter ed point and a loyalty point for putting in for five consecutive draws. If I ever don't put in, I will lose that loyalty point. Every point counts! After getting the "not drawn" point this spring and buying the point next fall, I'll have 19 points going into the 2017 spring draw.

Top Bottom