Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gov Branstad rejects DNR proposal

ElkHunter

Life Member
I made a post about cutting doe tags earlier this week asking for help contacting Gov.

Branstad decided today doe tags will remain at same level and a week will not come off late Jan season. His advisors have better information than the biologist. Deer numbers are down, car/deer accidents are down and depredation complaints are down.

Come on people, we all bitch about deer numbers and shed bucks. Contact the Gov.

www.governor.iowa.gov

Obviously the Gov. has too many deer eating his wife's roses. I know where he lived in Boone. There are alot of deer up there. I've driven there in the evening. Suberbanites, Motorists, Insurance companies, and revenue to the IDNR, all rate high with the Govenor I think. The thing he does not understand is revenue will go down, as hunters see less deer. But,,drat those" Brown Rats", there are always enough to shoot!

Forgot to include the Farming Community. Farmers are keeping Iowa economy afloat. Gotta do everything to keep them rich and happy, ya know..

WOW.........this kinda caught me off gaurd Randy. I wrote him the other day, even though I truely figured he'd follow the DNR plan. Makes ya wonder if he even looked at the DNR info......cause from what I seen it'd be hard to argue against it.

Another year of this crap and the deer will be like pheasants in some parts of the State.

Son of a... This is truly unreal...this went totally under the radar, and he did not open this up for public debate.

The 'stache is sacrificing not only the deer populations but the environment because of the demands of the farm bureau.

I wrote the turd, but he's already lost my vote.

That's mind boggling with the stats, harvest data and hunter feedback we all know to come up with this conclusion. I'll do my darndest to manage my land the way I want and ignore these garbage decisions BUT there's little 99% of guys will be able to do since regulations define quality of hunting overwhelmingly.

Son of a... This is truly unreal...this went totally under the radar, and he did not open this up for public debate.

The 'stache is sacrificing not only the deer populations but the environment because of the demands of the farm bureau.

I wrote the turd, but he's already lost my vote.
I predicted Brandstad would do this before he was elected. This governor is all about revenue. Now we have to live with him till the next election!

wow, this is truly sad news. I hope us as hunters dont buy up tags and put the slaughter on them this year, but god knows the guys slinging the $2.50 boxes of slugs don't care.

If i remember right; THA4 has a good relationship with governor Brandstad. Maybe he could call Brandstad, and get to the bottom of this.

The Gov. probably has read the biologists' report, but to him the "real" DNR is the group of guys in DM behind desks telling him they need more money. Add FB to it and it's a no-brainer for him. The deer herd will bounce back if given a chance, but until the DNR gets sustainable funding, Iowa's deer herd is a cash producing resource that can; and in many people's minds must, be exploited. Still a good idea to send mail, it will let him know there are other views out there. I'm afraid our herd is in for a tough couple years though.

One COMPROMISE I sure hope they additionally look at (even if they are set in stone at keeping deer tags at same #)....
Shorten the LATE ANTLERLESS SEASON TO 5 days for example. The current length and damage it does is ridiculous.
To the bigger picture of this thread... This is unreal and folks need to continue to email.

Top Bottom