Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Grain Box Ground Blind

Iowa1

I have a favor ro ask. I am researching an article for Field & Stream about building a rolling ground blind out of a gravity box or hayrack or some sort of rolling farm equipment. I need someone who has built one or seen pictures of one so I can send a couple photos to their art department so they can make a drawing of a rolling ground blind.

I know ther are a couple guys on here that did this but I can't remember who it was.

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance. PM me if you need to.

blind

I think it was Ironwood that had a picture??

Have you looked into a haybale blind, that is the route I am going, they seem to really work well

I have a bunch of em. No pics handy right now. Ive done some built into the cart BUT I usually build a frame on the cart and bolt down a lick creek blind on it. Or whatever blind u want. Usually 8' to bottom of blind, solid as a rock and super handy to move around.

I built mine out of an old manure spreader. Not the best quality but here ya go.

9967-img_0450.jpg

9967-img_0451.jpg

9967-img_0452.jpg

Hope that can at least help. Like I said not in any condition to put in a magazine.

We have two...the most recent one built last summer. It was an old grain box with hydraulic lift on the front. The landowner hadn't used it in years, so we took the sides off and built the blind on the wooden floor. Here are a couple of pics...

P1050550.jpg

Other side...this would be the window we face toward where we expect shots most likely.

P1050552.jpg

The ones I am thinking aobut, and have been asked ot do a stroy on would still look like a piece of farm equipment sitting out in the field. The key to the article they want me to do is that the deer get used to farm equipment so you can move it around without alarming them. I know I have seen some built out of a gravity box or dump box and that is what I am looking for. Thanks for the PM's too,. I think I am getting close.

It's an odd request I know but the editor of Field & Stream really knows excactly what he wants me to do ont his and I need to find just the right one.

Thanks for the cool ideas.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I parked my Jeep in my food plot hoping the deer would avoid it and stage around my double bull blind where I would be hunting 100 yards South of the food plot. I had a trail camera pointed at my Jeep.....sure enough....all the deer were feeding around the Jeep as I sat in my blind.......your deer blind could look like a giant M&M and they will adjust to it in no time.

X2 Skip, I was gonna get a couple Lick Creek blinds and do the same thing. Would love to see pics of yours.

Top Bottom