Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great Day!

Blackfoot

Overall today was a pretty awesome day...First off, I didn't have to work and thats always a plus. Second, right before I took off to the bowshop to pick up some last minute supplies, Steve (manager at the bowshop) calls and tells me that I've got the job that I've been eagerly waiting for for sometime now. So I headed down to the bowshop to discuss hours with Steve and after about an 30 minutes of chat, my brother and I went to Henderson, Iowa, to try and purchase a massive shed antler that we had seen lying under a windmill a few days earlier. I offered the woman $25 for the antler, and sure enough she sold it to me, but for only $20 which I thought was a steal. After that, we hit the gravel to travel back home and on our way back we spotted a huge bodied deer in a bean field, whipped out the binocs and boy were we glad we did. He was a super-wide, tall racked buck who'd recently shed his velvet. He would've scored about 160 or better. This evening was a beautiful one and it just made my day that much better.

Great Day, I'll admit but......How big is the shed!!!! You said massive and now I've got all kind of visions in my mind, typicals, non-typicals, drops...you've gotta share!
grin.gif

Bowman

Bowman, when I say massive, I do infact mean massive... The antler has a large 4 point frame with 4 non-typ. points. With a 9" forked/bladed browtine, beadwork galore, biforcated g-3 and multiple kickers at the base. I would guestimate that the shed has about 22-23 inches of girth to it, and for only $20 I felt almost guilty for following through, but I'm glad i did.

CIA, I'd love to post a photo, but unfortunately my scanner has some serious issues, and a don't own a digital camera, but don't lose hope yet. A friend of mine has a well-funtioning scanner and as soon as I get my film developed, I'll do my best to try and post a pic for you guys out there.

P.S. I agree, the shed section is in diar need of some updates, so guys, do what you can to liven it up a litle. I'm sure my fellow 'addicts' would agree we need a quick fix of some bone!
bigshock.gif

Top Bottom