Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

great morning

B

blnelson_48

got to my stand and was there about 20 minutes and a real small doe showed up. then i rattled a little and nothing moving. saw a deer in the timber behind me so i rattled again,never saw him again until he showed up behind me bout 40 yds. nice 8 pt with real short tines but heavy beams. he stay bout 40 to 50 yds away and finally moved on. rattled a little later and a small 6 pt came in. let him go at 15 yds. so i got down bout 9:30 and did some walking around and seen a deer in the timber bout a 100 yds away .nowhere to hide but a few smaller trees, so i got behind the biggest tree around and rattled . he covered about 300 yds as quick as i could put down my rattle bag and get ready, he tried to get down wind of me but he stopped at 45 yds or so, but thought something was strange and walked off . he was a nice 10 pt about a 150 class. MAN WAS THIS A FUN MORNING
grin.gif

It's great just to be part of it and I am going crazy because I will be in Florida for the next 9 days. Company trip and I don't want to go. I'll be thinking of all the great hunting everybody will be getting into, just as you discribed your morning. Good hunting, all of mine will be after the 13th

Ironwood,
There will still be plenty of action going on when you get back,I think that the best rut hunting is between the 10th and the 20th.Have fun in Florida knowing that there will be alot of good hunt'in when you get home.And welcome to the bowhunt'in club.
wink.gif

Top Bottom