Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

great opening moring ends in trip to ER...........

T

tejay

well this moring was opening day for shotgun season in iowa. "as most of us know" well my day starts out in seeing deer after deer runing through the hay feild about 150 yards away. i see one giant bodied deer following the herd. i raised my rem. 870 express and let 1 shot go nailing a tree limb just to the right of an opeing where i thought the deer would run i loaded another shell and let another go as the deer went into the opening and wam the deer drops dead in its tracks. well i wasl over to it and come to find a giant doe. which im pleased to help the doe herd numberss well int he end i was dressing her and my knife blade snapped in two and went into my left hand and i had 3 stiches and some liquid stitches to help from scareing. well to say the least i got one deer this season . and i plan on being back out there again tomorro..... good luck to everyone ,,,,,,,,,
confused.gif

Nice job on the big doe, you must of made a great shot! Sorry about the hand. Sounds like it could have been worse after breaking a knife blade.

Good luck tomorrow
sniper.gif

Re: great opening moring ends in trip to ER.......

[ QUOTE ]
i was dressing her and my knife blade snapped in two and went into my left hand

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind (brand) of knife were you using? I'm willing to bet that it wasn't a Buck knife.

Re: great opening moring ends in trip to ER.......

i've seen a few buck knives break over the years, one was similar to the above post. they aren't infallible. but, they stand behind what they sell. ship them back to buck, and they will fix or replace, free of charge

Top Bottom