Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great Warm Hunting Sock Sale

Liv4Rut

I know I am not the only one that gets cold feet easily. Foxriver in Osage, Ia is having their october sock sale. The Gibraltar Frontier is what I use as my heavy sock and is amazingly warm. I also wear the wick dry Therma lite as my liner sock underneath. Deadly combination that won't be beat from what I have tried anyways. Your feet will be bone dry. It is amazing!!

Just thought I would pass it along. www.foxsox.com and if you use the code SOCKTOBERFEST12 you will get 25% off up until Sunday october 7th 11:59pm.

Try this combination, you won't be disappointed!!!

The Gibraltars are under the boot and field section at top. And liner socks under liner socks. The cool max ones are awesome for turkey hunting when it is hot out or early season.

Last edited:
I got their "liner cooler" made of coolmax or something, they are white liners. Did I buy the wrong thing OR is what you're suggesting better? Technically called a "Wick Dry Coolmax Liner". I mess up? which is best? thx!!

Skip, I have found the ones labeled Wick Dry Therma Wick are the warmer ones. Way different material than the cool max. The cool max are designed to keep your feet cool when your hot and sweaty. The therma wick seem a little heavier and really keep the heat in but takes the moisture away. Love them!!

Alpaca socks have worked great for me. Their hair has a hollow interior providng insulation and it wicks away any moister. They dont stink either, you can where them for 4-5 days in row without washing them. They are the warmest sock i have ever worn. They are pricey, but worth it.

Alpaca socks have worked great for me. Their hair has a hollow interior providng insulation and it wicks away any moister. They dont stink either, you can where them for 4-5 days in row without washing them. They are the warmest sock i have ever worn. They are pricey, but worth it.

Just went out in the yard and killed an Alpaca. He's kind of bulky, but you're right my feet are toasty :way:

Nothin like skinning an alpaca on a cool fall morning to let remind you that you're alive.

Oh....... you're supposed to skin them? I just gutted him and stuck my feet in the cavity. I was wondering how I was going to walk around with this thing on my feet. Damn Gunny, you always were the smart one. The people driving by are looking at me like I'm crazy standing here the yard in my boxers with my feet in a dead alpaca.

Hope your getting commision for this, just placed an order!

No commission here. Just socks that flat out work. It doesn't matter if it is 20 degrees or 20 below I wear the same set up each time. I think my downfall was always I walk a long ways in and sweat like crazy. keeping my feet dry seems to be the ticket for me.

I wear them with my rubber mickey mouse army boots. Feet stay dry. The liner sock is what wicks away all the moisture. My feet in rubber boots sweat horribly. If you have good warm socks but do not use liner socks and sweaty feet are an issue, give them a shot. I think you all will be impressed. It definitely helps me. I find myself wearing my 1000 gram leather boots all season now. In the past, when it got in that 25 degree range or less my feet would freeze due to sweat. Now I dont have to break out the mickey mouse boots unless it gets in that minus 10 degree range.

I'm going w/ what y'all locals know, I've never been in weather that's much below 30, so I ordered a couple pair of the socks

Thanks for the info Liv4Rut, ordered the heavy sock and liner sock. Will try them with my 1000 gram Lacrosse Rubber Boots...otherwise going to a leather boot!

I'm going to get the liner for sure. I wear a 9.5 shoe and don't know if I want these tight and get a medium(men 6-8.5) or a little bigger and get a large (men 9-11.5)? What do you guys think?

Top Bottom