Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great Weekend/Tag Sandwich

mole

Didn't harvest my bird, but I had the absolute best weekend in the woods. Saturday morning I had 3 lonbeards with two jakes struting in front of my blind at 38 yards, too far for my bow skills. The smallest tom stayed in front of me for almost a hour and half. I was in to birds all morning.
peace.gif

Then
Sunday I got permission to cross the neighbors fence and got into birds again, gobbling from 5:00 till 8:00. Again I could not get the big boys to come in close. No bird
bawling.gif
, but and incredible weekend.

Gunner -
Was that you shooting Saturday morning. I heard three shots, two back to back and then one about 5 minutes later. Great to hear you got one.
rambo.gif

mole

mole
Yup, those first two shots that were back-to-back were mine. I saw those two jakes and a hen coming in from quite a ways off. I was shaking from excitment and from fatigue from having to hold my gun up so long......I missed the first shot! (it was relatively close...and as tight as my gun patterns...I can see why)! I couldn't believe it! I chucked another round in and hit him square in the head and neck on the next one. I didn't hear the 3rd one that you are talking about. I know that someone was hunting back on Moyer's and I saw your truck on the county line when I left. Glad to hear you got into the birds. Were they in the same place that you were talking about earlier? Talk to ya later.

Top Bottom