Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Greatest. Season. Ever.

Yeah....right, I bet it was.
grin.gif

Mine too. The first day it was the nicest day of the year ever since either the wind is blowing 30 mph or its raining buckets.
beerchug.gif
so i just drink my sorrows away.

I guess I am torn.......

Even though I didnt fill my tag
I got to watch my wife do it and it was
her first turkey!!
What a great season in that aspect!!
angel.gif
angel.gif

Not sure what this post is supposed to be about but if it's been a frustrating year that's why it's called turkey hunting and not turkey shooting. I measure a successful turkey season by the number of ticks I find BEFORE they attach. Thus far I'm happy with this spring. Good luck to those still hunting, persistence kills more birds than skill.

I just enjoy the time in the woods. Tell me a more enjoyable time to spend in the timber than in the spring when everything seems to be coming alive. It's a great time of the year! Enjoy it fellas we are the lucky ones!
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It's a great time of the year! Enjoy it fellas we are the lucky ones!
waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Best I've heard in a while
waytogo.gif
. This is my third year bowhunting for turkeys. Haven't connected yet but any time I get a bird within "gun" range I consider it a succesfull hunt knowing that with a shotgun I could have harvested that bird. I truly enjoy being able to hunt all the seasons with an archery tag, the wife doesn't necessarily see it that way but the more I get out the more I want to stay out. Good luck to everyone with a tag in their pocket whether it be an archery tag or a gun tag. I really think the best is just upon us - or at least I hope so
grin.gif

I've never been into birds on a consistent basis like I was on every hunt 2nd season. It was awesome. Each sit was different, but very exciting.

I ended up killing a behemoth Monday morning before the sun broke the horizon.

I have to go back to work in about 9 hours and I'm wishing I could just keep hunting.

[ QUOTE ]
This is my third year bowhunting for turkeys. Haven't connected yet but any time I get a bird within "gun" range I consider it a succesfull hunt knowing that with a shotgun I could have harvested that bird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that shows a great perspective. A man enjoying the hunt, good to read!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I measure a successful turkey season by the number of ticks I find BEFORE they attach

[/ QUOTE ]

But you still feel em crawling up the back of your neck...don't ya Mud
grin.gif

Just being out hunting in the spring is awesome...only losers are the ones' that didn't go
waytogo.gif

I'm having an awesome time this season. Spent most of my time trying to help a friend get his first spring tom before he leaves for Iraq June 1st. We haven't got either one of us a bird yet, but have been oh so close several times. The memories made with good friends is what its all about for me this year.

My only complaint thus far is the freaking nasty weather that seems to show up Friday afternoon and leaves Monday morning every weekend. But the forecast for this weekend is looking mighty fine
peace.gif
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom